Vic or empire

Anyone doing vic or empire tomorrow morning? I know empire pretty well but vic not so much. If there’s a group going out id be down for either or

Group of us planning a ride tomorrow morning @ 10 am…mediumish pace. Meeting at the lower lot

Right on. Should make it there by then. Is this what u mean by lower parking lot? Ive only been to vic once before

1 Like

That’s the one…Park road off Brunswick

1 Like

Cool. Hopefully i make it there by 10. Ill be in a black tacoma. My names Devon. If i dont make it on time just go ahead.

2 Likes

How are the trails there. Haven’t been there in a long time.

1 Like

I can only speak to the few times that I have been therein the past few years, but I’ve never had a bad experience. The the trails were dry and fast today. I would highly recommend speaking to @SQUATCH or @rmacgregor9 or any of the Truro crew, but, from my experience this and last years, its a great trail system.

3 Likes

Same. Ive only been twice but today was a blast. In my opinion its the best system we have within an hour driving time from hrm.

4 Likes

@Juice if you ever want a guide give me a shout!!!

1 Like

Second that! I live in Halifax and often pick The Railyard (Victoria Park) over Empire. It’s a similar length drive to each system, but The Railyard has so much more trail available with minimal overlap. Nothing against the Empire Trails, I always have a blast whenever I go there; but I usually go to The Railyard instead just because of the variety, quantity, and quality of trails.

Edit: @SQUATCH is a great guide!

3 Likes

Thanks!

heading to the Vic for the first time tomorrow. really wanna ride this new jump line. other then that what are some other trails or areas at Victoria Park I should check out?

Edit: @SQUATCH is a great guide!

Yes, I’ve heard that recently as well.

1 Like

If you’re going to the jump line, I’d recommend checking the newly opened section of Cooked, Trash Talkin, McCabe’s Loop to get to the Callus Cut, and from there to McCready’s Trail, Treesum, and then spin your way around the Reservoir Trail as a cool down. If you still have life in your legs, find your way to The Hawk / Hawk Express or whatever it’s called. Some of the local riders can probably give you a proper ride log to follow, but those are some of my fave trails in there.

3 Likes

@JOsh I echo Ian! Trash Talkin, McCabe’s & McCready’s are my fav of the trails in Truro.

2 Likes

What time?

1 Like

Plan to be there around 11:30 and go till i drop hahaha.

1 Like

If you’re interested in having a ride guide let me know

1 Like

That would be awesome!

1 Like