VSC Saturday Weekly Ride - Mar 11th

~~~ VSC Weekly Saturday Weekly Ride - Mar. 11th ~~~

Where: ~Cape Split~
When: ~Saturday, March 11th ~~~
Difficulty: ~~~ Intermediate
~

Notes: ~~~ Studs not required, but could be helpful ~~~, ~dress warmly~

Let’s give it a shot folks…Cape Split it is.

Start time …1:30 pm at the Cape Split parking lot.

• Going, see you there!
  • Wish I could, maybe next time.
  • Maybe, I’ll let you know.

0 voters

This is not an official ECMTB ride.

How many fat bikes does VSC have for rent that might be available for the group ride? I might head up, and have room in my car for a couple of bike-less passengers if anyone is interested.

I have 3 available…2 large and 1 medium.

@shadowfox70 - are you going to show up this week or what?

1 Like

Hm. If it’s a Rocky Mountain Blizzard in Large, I might even rent one to see how I feel on the bigger frame size; especially if we’re heading to Cape Split. Climbing is where I most feel that my frame size is too small.

I ride a large, I prefer the top tube length over the medium.

if its split or blomidon i might be early going there. :slight_smile:

1 Like

With BEvERageS?

I think pape @darkmyth has it, this time.

I’m in, likely bringing Chris with me. I have room for two more people (but not more bikes) if anyone is keen to rent a bike from VSC. Planning to hit the highway from Bayers Lake area at noon.

1 Like

Let’s try Cape Split. I didn’t get out there to check it out, but sould be good.

1 Like

Is there much snow left in the valley? Assume the ride would be good for skinnies too eh?

Shouldn’t be a problem. Not a lot of snow.

Taking a cross bike Rolls?

No I’m not that adventurous. Full sus 29er with studded 2.25" tires.

Not sure I can make it yet though.

I got :beers: Master dee @Rolls .

1 Like

Cape Split trail is a little icy. Studs highly recommended, if not required, for the first half kilometer.

Yep, studs would be welcome for sure!

1 Like

Fantastic ride, icy spots aside. Can’t wait to go back when it’s free of both ice and mud! (Okay, free of mud might be a tall order… but free of ice anyway.)

Was a fun ride. Not my fastest times climbing or descending, but made it back to the car!

1 Like