Weak Justice or what? Young Offenders Act is a joke me think

I was referring to the people who keep attacking kids in kindergarden wiht knives and hammers.

The following is taken from the April 29th 2010 edition of the Herald.
I read this in in disbelief. Am I reading it right? Attemped murder and he walks free, all because he grew up in a war torn environment.
Sure, I believe that people can change, but some sort of severe punishment should be in order for this kid.
If it were me I think I might be out for vigilante justice. Am I wrong to think this way?
http://www.pedaltrout.com/forum/topic/272/http://thechronicleherald.ca/Front/9016218.html**Boy won’t be going to jail

OAS_AD('BottomLeft');

The young offenders act seems to work for minor offenses, but this does seem troublesome. Teens do some stupid stuff sometimes that shouldn’t be remembered for the rest of their lives, but I remember being 14. I knew what was really important, and pulling a few stunts wasn’t but shanking a guy was. Scratch that… I used to watch CHiPS, I was 3 years old when I knew you shouldn’t stab someone!

If the guy is so messed up because of his childhood then maybe he belongs in the NS.

I’m all for rehab over punishment wherever possible but someone with problems of this nature should probably have much more intensive supervision and counselling. It reminds me of the recent case in New York where the man was stabbed and left to die while people walked past and ignored him bleeding on the sidewalk. Society seems less and less conerned with the actions and plights of others. When this trickles into the justice system we have a serious problem on our hands.

Regardless, I’m a little more concerned with what’s happening in China right now. That’s some horrifying stuff.

Regardless, I’m a little more concerned with what’s happening in China right now. That’s some horrifying stuff.

I agree. With the major influx of people moving into Urban areas for work, the Labour force is getting more expensive… which means no more cheap electronics at Walmart for us.