Weird squeak coming from my bike

Without being hands on, see if the sound happens when standing while pedalling or jouncing the suspension. Things like this to help eliminate certain elements of the bike. To me it sounds more like creaking than a bearing but that couod be due to sound quality in the video. If this happened more after washing it there are likely some unlubricated contact areas and the creak is from metal on metal contact.

When my bike makes these noises (i actually had one start saturday) I ride with one hand on the bars and my other hand will hold toght onto areas of the bike to try and pinpoint where the sound is coming from. The stronger the vibration the closer to the creak you are. Of course this has inherent safety risks so i dont advise you to do itz its just what i do. Individual results may vary haha. The other thing to try is grab different parts of the bike and try and twist and deflect them to see if it happens.

I’ll give that a try. It doesn’t happen when I jounce the suspension, only when I pedal up hill

Have you ever had the bottom bracket replaced?

I’d start with checking the crankset. I had an annoying creak recently that was cured by pulling the crankset, cleaning the relevant interfaces and retorquing everything.

2 Likes

I have had this creak. Seems to sync with pedaling. Once it was pedal axle threads and greasing and torqueing fixed. Chainring bolt loose was the other time I recall.

I never replaced it

Thanks @gtrguy and @NMenzi. It does seem to be happening when I pedal. I will definitely look into that

If its only when you pedal than there’s a good chance its the bottom bracket or cranks.

I was thinking the same thing, probably just needs some grease