Wentworth Mountain Bike Association

Yeah, I think I have a bit of an advantage as I have years of racing there to base my exploring on. Also, I follow many of the Bros Club on fuckstrava so I can find the new shit. Anything that looks iffy I walk but I have yet to find anything like that so far. Other than that mega drop but there is an obvious ride around.

2 Likes

The Bros club are actually currently building a secret mountain, only accessible by secret tunnels. Gonna be lit.

6 Likes

I mean I think it will all by up when the time is right to have people who don’t know the area.

I have a bit of a feel for WW but would hate to be the person who rolled into MK without a clue as to what I was getting into, but heard it’s a lot smoother than it used to be.

1 Like

Sick bra, haoles can build their own GD mountain.

1 Like

Noticed some of the Wentworth trails are visible on Trailforks again.

3 Likes

Still trying to figure out what these landowner issues are that the cool club is cycling in defiance of before I head over for a ride.

1 Like

Well, that’s a relief.

edit… looking at the map, I think I saw a no trespassing sign at the start of Woodsey just after you cross the tracks.

Oh for sure, my phone rings a few times a month when people get lost and call 911 because more often than not, they went off trail or off map (whether on purpose or not)–which I don’t suggest doing. I used to say “I don’t recommend exploring unless you’re very confident in your abilities” however, as it turns out most people are over confident in their abilities, so I leave that out now.

I would like to see the maps accurate, purely from my SAR perspective so people are less likely to get lost and can make informed and safe decisions about their direction of travel.

4 Likes

Stoked to explore these trails again sometime! Thanks for all your work on this.
Do you have any pics of that fat tire rescue litter? I hope I don’t see it in person!

That’s where I am coming from, has to be safer to know, then to not.

1 Like

Trailforks says Dec 27, 2020 Hostel Trails were opened this is false information and it says sponsored by the Wentworth Mountain Bike Association. These so called trails will unfortunately never be opened again.
There is several land owners with properties that have not given permission for ANY group and people and groups were told no trespassing and signs were put up.
The Hostel itself doesn’t have permission to advertise trails.
No trespassing signs were placed and many signs have gone missing since but new ones are always being put up and pictures taken with dates now.
The Hostel doesn’t own the land it’s not Wilderness Area or Crown it’s private lands.
All apps have been asked to remove trails and routes all have done so when asked AllTrails twice since 2018.
Trailforks is slow taking down seems The Wentworth Mountain Bike Association sponsored Hostel Trails. This is wrong. These trails were and are closed. They didn’t open again in Dec 2020
Trailforks have been asked to remove it from the website and app as they are promoting people on private land 365 days of the year which is not welcomed.
The maps showing the Hostel Trails is extremely old there is even roads on the same map that are over 100 years old that are Forrest and fields and unrecognized as a road today.
The Scallion Scramble and the Lookoff Loop are the only trails that are not on or crosses the 400 acres of Private Land right in the middle that was purchased in the late 70’s and logged this land is posted no Trespassing. There is also additional lands being used by bicyclist and others that is posted and do not want the traffic and people putting it well over 1000 acres in total.
These websites and apps need to end now the discussions were had and the landowners are not happy with the increase amount of people found on their land trespassing cause of the Wentworth Mountain Bike Association and Apps promoting what they call Hostel Trails on Trailforks. Higgins Mtn private land owners would like the respect of the people.
Forestry operations and new roads will be built extending from old ones from Higgins Mtn road in sooner then later and there can’t be people wandering or biking thru the woods cutting trails putting up ribbons or giving workers a hard time for doing there job.
Take down the directions, signs, websites and apps and whatever else besides for the no trespassing signs and please respect the private landowners.

1 Like

Thanks for reaching out with this information.

Really sucks though.

No one wants to piss off land owners and ruin future access or opportunities by creating a bad name for mountain bikers.

Are there any trails in the area that are legit trails aside from Scallion Scramble and the Lookoff?

It sounds like the forming of Wentworth Mountain Bike Association has made the situation worse in some cases with land owners? (which, I’m sure, is not intended)

Do we know if there is any hope for trails there in the future?

2 Likes

Sounds like there is a disconnect between WMBA and land owners.

something smells funny here

8 Likes

And at the same time I heard rumours of a few mountain bikers buying land in Wentworth.

Definitely raises a lot of flags, and it’s obvious that there’s a big piece of information missing.

Well this is something….

21 Likes

Wooooohoooooo!!!

1 Like

Wentworth already has roughly 6 solid, well established DH trails. The place is majestic AF and the development of new trails is amazing :fire:

Woooooo :raised_hands:

7 Likes

Good news. Wentworth is way handier than keppoch for me. Sorry keppoch.

6 Likes