What does this region need more of?

Check out the NSMTBTA group in our group section.
We are recently formed and are on the right path (so to speak) for trail access and development here in NS.
Feel free to join the group and stay alert to any meeting or event dates.
As for the poker runs… I am sure that you will see a few of those this year!!

As a rider, what would you like to see more of in Atlantic Canada? Races. movie nights, kids events, critical masses, parts swaps, trail days? What would make this a better region to ride in?

More free clinics to get more folk into this great sport :slight_smile: It was the kicker for me as you know. And I have had great support from experienced riders and great bike shop staff (you know who you are!). The women’s clinic was awesome…but how about one for guys, too?

More free clinics to get more folk into this great sport :slight_smile: It was the kicker for me as you know. And I have had great support from experienced riders and great bike shop staff (you know who you are!). The women’s clinic was awesome…but how about one for guys, too?

more endurance races… mixing beer and bikes is awesome

People like Troy and Sue.

Bike parks like Sugar Loaf

I’m thinking safer roadways, bike paths… more trails!!!

More riders:)

Right on, Bignose!

traildays are great for several reasons. the first is the social aspect you can put a face to a name and you also have the time to talk and get to know each other. second the more expieranced builders get a chance to share their knowledge with others so that they can then go out on their own and do some good. with a larger group a bigger project can be taken on and in most cases completed. hard work makes for hungery thristy folks at the end of the day ( old port pub ) place shameless plug here.

I agree 100%. I think that if we can get a centralized trail system going it would also be nice to involve school groups in trail days so that we can impress upon kids the importance of building and maintaining sustainably at an early age.

Yes, and being able to KEEP trails for good would be nice.

this is something for after land access is granted. consistant effort put into trails, none of this last second effort when we see the destruction we have caused. at least a once a month type thing. closing trails when freeze thaw season happens. that’s when the trail takes the worst hits it seems. even the best armoring and trail building techniques get fubared during the fudge season. more wentworth, or even better, get martock back into the swing of things ( something about that redish brown compactible dirt) timing biking events with local festivals is a good way to spread the word about our sport. some stuff off the top of my head.

One of the events that I miss from a few years back is the Poker Run.

Something that might be of interest to people is trail building clinics or some experience in scouting out trails and assessing suitability. We all know that there is alot of rock out there and with that are the roots that make themselves hard to miss especially as trails wear down or break in. We have some challenging terrain around here for building rideable trails that are inviting to new riders. I know I would like to become more involved in trial maintainance or even trail building but knowing where to start can be the biggest hurtle.