What's your favourite MTB event?

I’ve been getting the itch to find an event, set some goals and start training. That got me thinking about events/ races and when they’re likely to be held again.

So what’s everyone’s one favorite events?

My favorite is the Karapoti, it’s a 50km single/ double track race through a large rugged forest outside of Wellington, NZ. It’s got 3 long brutal climbs, a rock garden (uncommon in NZ), a le mans start through a river (and about 4 other river/ stream crossings) and a steep cliff to scramble up aptly named the Devil’s Staircase.

I’ve been hoping to ride the BC Bike Race at some point, it was always a pipe dream living in NZ but much more achievable now!

1 Like

I think the Martock XC when we went all the way to the top and the xc at Empire trails in its many forms.

1 Like

Quebec Singletrack Experience is a popular one, and relatively close to here. @adventurer has done it several times.

2 Likes

Martock was my favourite from back in the day too. When I worked in Windsor at the Production School House I practiced the DH portion everyday so I’d pass nearly everybody in my category once per lap.

2 Likes

Locally I’m saying the PEI Mountain bike festival. Last years event captured that pure natural grassroots vibe without even breaking a sweat. Come on when they say burn it all they don’t want to have any firewood left how can it not.
And a night enduro followed by movie classics in a provincial park with showers.
Instant classic.

8 Likes

I’ve raced the 24 Hours of Summer Solstice at Albion Hills a couple of times. It’s a great event, very well organized, huge vendor area, live music, plus tons of epic suffering. I went to Sea Otter Canada at Blue Mountain last year, it was the most disorganized yet expensive cycling event I’ve ever attended.

2 Likes