Where to live/ride - Atlantic Canada

AHha. Great points Josh.

New Mindless does suck though. I’d say safely that most people in the valley avoid it at all costs.
The real roadies know where to ride their bikes to avoid that area and the chicken plants. :wink:

[quote=“JoshM”]

[quote=“mechwarrior”]Its a pretty big county, never really noticed. Spend most of my riding in Earltown/Wallace/Tatta area.

Truthfully though, I don’t think anything can match the eye watering stench that comes from biking past those packed like sardines chicken factories of the valley.[/quote]

Earltown/Wallace/Tatamagouche aren’t in Pictou County.[/quote]

No, I guess not. I don’t really pay attention to the county lines unless trying to outrun Boss Hogg and Roscoe. My rides start in Pictou County and if I head east for Pictou/New Glasgow/Scotsburn will stay in the county, otherwise I’m in Colchester or some other county that starts with a C. Too busy enjoying the view, really.

[quote=“CptSydor”]Thanks Pepperjester. Greatly appreciate the detailed information.

We have been looking more carefully at the area and are going to check it out well when we come visit at the end of October. Seems to be fitting the bill really well.[/quote]

No worries, glad to help.

If I were you I’d look for a place just a few minutes out of one of the major towns.We use to live within town limits of Wolfville and recently moved just about five minutes away in Gaspereau and got a killer deal on a house with a mortgage that is costing us less then rent in our old one room apartment did. There are for sure some good deals to be had non housing if you look in the right places!