Who likes the rough old-school riding?

I’m certianly willing to trade a throw down for a tour

I also have Snow Shoes

I see a lot of people building and riding a lot smoother and flowyer trails nowadays, but I gotta say it. I love those rough, technical, gnarly, rooty and rocky old trails. I grew up on that mess, but even with the choice, I’ll still take the agonizing trail to the fast one. Anyone else here into this stuff?

I love super technical riding. There was a thread over on NSMB about technical climbing, one of my comments was, if I’m doing an easier climb, I always try and find the hardest line to make it more of a challenge.

Smooth is nice, don’t get me wrong, but I’d take a technical challenge anyday over a smooth trail.

You must love the Mount Uniacke trails

You would love Grunter, Aaron. It’s not crazy rocky rooty technical but it’s technical none the less.

You know I love technical riding. I love fast flowy stuff to, but any one with a bike can ride that stuff. As I get older I need stuff to make me sweat and keep the old brain a thinkin!!

Tell me aboput it Troy! Speed hurts more when it ends abrubtly…

loved the challenge of grunter

not sure I could find some of the sections again but what we rode was awesome

great to challenge yourself

I also love the rough and greasy technical stuff. The more rocks and roots and mud the more fun.

Is Grunter anything like Lab Pass at Whopper? I love all those ledges and stuff.

Not really like Lab Pass. It does have roots and rocks, but compares more to trenton Park if it had elevation. There are some fast flowy sections in there as well.
I guess you guys will have to see for your selves!!

I love super technical riding. There was a thread over on NSMB about technical climbing, one of my comments was, if I’m doing an easier climb, I always try and find the hardest line to make it more of a challenge.

Smooth is nice, don’t get me wrong, but I’d take a technical challenge anyday over a smooth trail.

If you like technical climbs, there is a good one climbing out of the gorge… coming out of it at the end of the xc race trail just over a little bridge and then up> sharp right> up through some roots, the another shap turn to the left> you wouldn't want to fall its a bit steep. Fun challenge I havn't mastered it yet.

count me in on this. rode the grunter with sue & company last
summer & loved it.

personaly i’m getting into the smoother non technical trails seeing how there’s not much of it in the HRM.

personaly i’m getting into the smoother non technical trails seeing how there’s not much of it in the HRM.

The flowy stuff can be nice, but I love trying to pick a line through a boulder garden followed by a huge mess of roots. It makes a person really hammer down when they finally DO get to a smooth trail.

hcht, what smooth trails are you hitting up in HRM? Any good stuff?

been spending most of my time spoiling myself at EB. its a toss up which is smoother, some of the spider stuff, or EB. mind you EB has alot of technical sections, just not your usual roots and rocks. when the itch comes, DeathMarch is a good place to get your tech on. kind of fun rail road tie feel over top of flowiness. skull is a good one, i still hit up the sections where stuff has been rerouted, more so because i forget about the reroutes. (lol)

EB= ?

EB= ?
Evil Birch it is right before Batyer lake I believe but I’ve never been

a tour would be nice though