Who rides trials?

Yeah I had the booster arch for them and it did help a lot, but still…those things had squeeze power.
mostly used cantis on the trials bike they worked just fine, but got the hydros on a blowout. I’m pretty sure this was before v-brakes existed. I do remember grinding a set of rims it worked well too, as long as you didn’t take too much.

Well, I used’ta could! Might have to get me back into it.

I do.

I did some trials riding back in the good ole days, but haven’t owned a trials bike for years. I’d like to build something up this year if money permits. I even have a pair of HS33’s ready to go!

I did some trials riding back in the good ole days, but haven’t owned a trials bike for years. I’d like to build something up this year if money permits. I even have a pair of HS33’s ready to go!

You should get a bike. :wink:

When the skills park gets built in Wolfville, there will be a dedicated trials. :slight_smile:

• traials area.

(why can’t I edit my post?)

Ryan, you can’t edit your post because there are some flaky things about this version of the SocialGo platform and that’s one of them. Grrr. I am planning on moving us elsewhere as soon as my life permits, but for now we’re stuck with what we’ve got. If it’s any consolation, it drives me nuts too!

I used to do trials ages ago, back when your trials bike was your xc bike (or your old xc bike) with the seat down and maybe a pair of flat pedals put on. I haven’t done dedicated trials riding in many years now. Trials made me a much better technical rider for sure.

Back in the day, a “mountain biker” rode XC, trials and DH, and it seemed usually all on the same bike.

It’s funny you put up this post, just the other day I was watchng some video of european trials comps, complete with junk cars, stacks of pallettes and wacky log piles. People do some crazy stuff on the trials bikes nowadays, huge gaps and drops, super precision rear wheel stuff too.

I still have the frame I used for trials, I wonder if I have enough parts to put it back together. My set of magura’s are gone, they sure made those seat stays flex! A bit of coca-cola on the rims makes any brake into a mega-grabber as I remember.

Coca Cola, or tar, even. People grind rims a lot as well. Did you not have a brake booster/arch? Those were epic. My trials bike just had v-brakes in the back, no hydro’s for me!