Who's riding when and where this weekend?

Gotta ride…ride, ride, ride. Who’s around for a rip? I’m up for just about anything…road/MTB/rails to trails?

Headed for an impromptu road ride today sometime.

How are things drying up in the HRM? It’s still snowy in The Valley.

Really?!? I was looking at taking the BMX to Lawrencetown this weekend. Mostly on the road and playing around town, I suppose.

Well Lawrecncetown and Wolfville are a fair ways apart. Might not be as wet down there.

I’m up for a rip on Sunday… maybe an in and out of Whopper?

Sunday might be tough. I have brunch at 1030 and supper at my mom’s, but mom lives close by to whopper…

Jeff V, any word on the trail conditions at whopper?

The gravel paths are pretty good (shubie etc) Last I heard/saw there is still some soft snow in the woods and the singletrack is soggy. The only saving grace may be whopper or fight.

what about the gravel paths in the valley?

The granite at whopper is clear in all open areas.

Single track and shady areas have some snow still.

I’ll be heading out on my road bike form my place in enfield in a little while.

Don’t have a road bike so I wouldn’t be able to keep up with ya… :slight_smile:

I did the Donaldson Ave to Robert Scott Dr and back yesterday… trying to get out three times a week to do some local road rides (14-20km) to get in a bit of shape for the trails.

Roads in West Hants and Eastern Kings were in pretty good shape today; no snow and only a couple wet spots on my ride. Ben Jackson Rd from Bishopville Road to the 101 overpass is in excellent shape, definitely recommend it for anyone in my neck of the woods out on their road bike.

There is a particularly nasty section of the 1 between Rand St and ‘downtown’ Hantsport. I had to jump a crevasse; definitely stretched my limited technical skill!

Be careful out there :slight_smile:

[quote=“riderx”]

The gravel paths are pretty good (shubie etc) Last I heard/saw there is still some soft snow in the woods and the singletrack is soggy. The only saving grace may be whopper or fight.

what about the gravel paths in the valley?[/quote]

Rails to trails seems mostly clear. I haven’t tested it yet thou.

Rockhopper is doing his first 48-year old (birthday) ride today at Whopper at 1:15. Going to stick to the granite. Anyone wanting to join is very welcome!

[quote=“BornAgainKen”]

Don’t have a road bike so I wouldn’t be able to keep up with ya… :slight_smile:

I did the Donaldson Ave to Robert Scott Dr and back yesterday… trying to get out three times a week to do some local road rides (14-20km) to get in a bit of shape for the trails.[/quote]

Nice, my road bike is working great now, I don’t take my mountain bike on the roads anymore, the tires are too wide to make it enjoyable and I don’t have an extra set.

Do you live in the Donaldson area? I’m just down in behind the police station

BLT trail is all mud and ice still. Not much fun.

Got out to Fight this afternoon. Awesome ride!

Might be able to sneak out tomorrow afternoon to Whopper, anyone else interested? BornagainKen, JeffV?

[quote=“riderx”]Got out to Fight this afternoon. Awesome ride!

Might be able to sneak out tomorrow afternoon to Whopper, anyone else interested? BornagainKen, JeffV?[/quote]

Sounds interesting. Anybody know what conditions are like there?

Might be able to sneak out tomorrow afternoon to Whopper, anyone else interested? BornagainKen, JeffV?[/quote]

Just let me know when…

I’d love to, keep me posted and I will see what I can do. I’m riding sometime, just need to schedule around some Easter activities. :slight_smile: