Winter Riding Hours..Friendly Motivating Competition

thanks Troy

posted this here since I think there are more mtb riders here than roadies and some closet roadies

It’s now close to the end of January some of us want more motivation(myself included)

so I thought let’s have a friendly winter riding hours competition.

rules are

1 contest runs from Febuary 1st till March 31st

1. All hours have to be posted by Sunday at midnight (so the first week post your hours by midnight on the 6th). Preferably daily to get my lazy butt in gear for the day.

2. Riding is defined as on a bike (I don’t wanna know what else you ride it mgiht even scare me). Indoors or outdoors doesn’t matter.

and now for Prizes

ok I have none… All I can offer up is faster legs in the spring and pictures of me in my wrestling suit

Yeah then 2nd prize is scary and probalby unwanted by most

I’m in.
I will see if I can get a prize or two. No guarantees but lately folks seem to be very gererous to the Trout.

This type of contest worked wonders for my waistline last winter, hopefully this year I can get in good enough shape to get back into my speedo!!

yes I need to loose some waistline as well

started eating healthier this week and gonna see how this all works out come April

hoping to rack up the hours on my trianer aswell so far my record is 3 hours in a row… I’d like get in some longer rides but I;m hoping I cna do thoe outdoors cause over 3 hours on the trainer jsut seems too mentally taxing right now let alone the physically taxing part.

I AM IN… I needed this challenge… I will need to put in some long shifts too because I have some considerable travel in Feb/Mar.

I can donate a water bottle and dozens of old biking magazines as prizes…

I AM IN… I needed this challenge… I will need to put in some long shifts too because I have some considerable travel in Feb/Mar.

I can donate a water bottle and dozens of old biking magazines as prizes…
good to hear your in too

I wish the weather wasn’t so crappy we need another sambro loop

I’m in. It’s all about the commute, guys. I figure 90 minutes a day on the winter bike for 5 work days, 20 minutes on Sundays for Church, a couple hours for the Tuesday night rides and whatever else I get up to as well. The odd trail ride and grocery excursion. Maybe Saterdays at work I will have a solo warehouse crit for those slow hours. Get started!!!

well it’s Feb 1st and I rode for 2 hours this morning on the old trianer.

gotta keep pace with Arron and his communting and then sportwheels rides

45 minutes this morning. Should be at least that on the way home. And the ride tonight. It begins…

I just created a group for this. Join up and log your times in there!!
Pedal, pedal, pedal!!

Joined the group, posted todays ride.