Winter trail conditions

yeah, a good portion of the exposed rock stuff will be gone soon, but there’s still a fair amount of unused space with worthy terrain still left.

Just about to hit the trail and am curious whether to stud up or not.
Would love to use this thread to keep tabs on the local trail conditions.
I’ll update when I return.

where are you riding? I’m thinking of heading to Nine Mile river for the sportwheels group ride.

Was going to Uniacke Estate, but a day of cutting fire wood got the better of me so I will ride tomorrow instead. Perhaps nine mile?
Let us know how it looks!!
Happy trails!

Nine Mile was great! However, with the temperatures in the plus today, it may get a bit soft this evening.

I rode Whopper this am and despite large sheets of ice in just a few early sections I was surprised at how good it was for this time of year.
The powerlines were basically quick sand and the downhill switchback thingy to the lage has a large tree blown across and was icy as hell but overall was totally solid and passable with caution.

I even found a virgin loop of single track that should be a sweet line once it gets ridden in. Nice line.

I even found a virgin loop of single track that should be a sweet line once it gets ridden in. Nice line.
just off the climb into suszies q? bob just finished that one. can’t wait to check it out.

just off the climb into suszies q? bob just finished that one. can’t wait to check it out.
Yes I believe this is the one.

Follow this link to my gps map of my ride to get a better idea. It has great promise, a few nice small drops as well.

Aren’t you riding the trail on the other side of the powerlines? It was awesome yesterday, only a couple of wet spots but otherwise frozen and fun!

What trail on the other side of the powerlines?

lakota way. it runs from the muddy road, just off the powerlin, up over the hill and ends a fair ways down the powerline.
i can’t believe how many people ride that trail, seeing how we sort of only threw the trail together without really finishing it properly. someone should go through it and strip some roots and fill in the few wet spots.

I’ll have to check that out next time I get in there on a bike.

We call that one Flip Side. I happen to love it. I know a few guys who might be keen on doing some work to it. It’s great on a XC bike.

I stopped to take a picture on my way in. If you look at my map you can see it between km’s 1 and 9. Looks like a survey line being cut through. The surveryer also has no respect for the existing trail as his cutting are littering it. I wonder how long the front section has left.