WTB: Road Bike Pedals / Cleats

I’m interested and I’m thinking that I’ve likely got the missing hardware for those cleats.

Can you send me an e-mail? (See above.)

A hoy hoy,

I’ve recently acquired road cycling shoes in addition to the mountain biking shoes I already own and use on my road and mountain bikes. Henceforth, I would like to purchase some road bike pedals and cleats. The shoes are run of the mill Shimano type things with a triangular hole pattern if that means anything.

There is one problem. I don’t have a lot of money to spend on this, so I’m looking for an older set that are gathering dust. Further, I’m hoping to make arrangements for a Burnside lunchtime rendezvous. Further still, I must insist that they are purple. Okay… I’m willing to let the purple thing slide a bit.

Kind regards,

O9Man

I should add… please contact me at lowery.andrew at gmail.com if you’ve got anything of interest.

Thanks!

I have a set of Look pedals that you can have cheap. They’re about 10 years old, white with silver trim (specially designed to look like scrape marks). I have them on my touring bike. I find them a little impractical for a touring bike as the shoes are somewhat hard to walk in. I’m going to change them our for MTB pedals and only carry one type of shoes. Let me know if you’re interested. Once you see them we can talk about the price.

As for the cleats, I suggest you see what they have at the shop - I’m sure Mike can set you up with a pair for a reasonable price. I have a pair of Shimano shoes with cleats (size 43 if any one is interested) but I dropped a bolt somewhere along the way. New cleats would come with bolts.