XC Tires

I’m using Kenda Nevegals, 2.35s, Stick-E rubber, and tubeless. I like a lot of air under me, so I like the 2.35 size. The tires seem to have pretty good grip - the Stick-E compound probably helps. They’re not UST (tubeless) tires, so if I let the pressure get a bit low, a side load causes them to “burp” air.

What Tires are you using for general XC riding?
I’ve pretty much been using Panaracer Fire XC 2.1’s since the year they were released. I’ll be due to replace them sometime this year, probably with the same but I’d like to hear what other people are liking for a general trail riding xc tire.

I’ve always liked the Panaracer Cinder. Great overall tire. Works well in all conditions from dry to wet and is quite durable. Cost is about $40.00 per tire.

Right now I have Maxxis Crossmarks. They’re light and sticky tho a tiny bit fragile.

Right now I have Maxxis Crossmarks. They’re light and sticky tho a tiny bit fragile.

I loved the Cinders as a trail tire. They might not be a real light XC race tire, but an every day trail tire they do well at. I also like the Fire XC Pros, and might get a set for my bikes here soon as well.

A note on the Cinders, if you are dumb like me and run silly-low pressures, get the UST version. I ran the regular ones and wore out the sidewalls. The UST ones were bombproof.