Year end Cottage Party 2020

It’s that wonderful time of the year when I host the ‘year end’ cottage party. Of course, the year is not over and there is still plenty of riding to be had, but we can get together anyways.

There will be some changes due to the world situation of course.

I am still planning on a ride in the afternoon, with fireworks and a bon fire post ride, and additional fun.

I am also thinking some other activities. I may need some more fire wood though…(Skelhorn)

When: September 12th
Time: 3 pm
What: Ride, Fire, Fireworks, Good Times
Where: 57 Spud ave Ellershouse (on Google but will certainly add directions at a later time)

• Heck Yes!
  • Let me check my schedule

0 voters

4 Likes

In previous years this was a potluck event, however this year the format will be different. The bbq will be on and everyone is welcome to bring something to cook. There may some hot dogs if someone forgets.

There will be snack food available as well as pop and water.

I have a plan for some firewood and a route for the ride.
The ride will start approximately 3-330 from the cottage.

2 Likes

Ps…less than a week away!

3 Likes

There are 2-3 beds available, lots of floor space, a cot and plenty of room for tents. For anyone enjoying alcohol or other, there will be sleeping arrangements available.

Directions:

From Halifax:

Follow NS-102 and NS-101. Take exit 3 from NS-101

19 min (31.6 km)

Follow Nova Scotia Trunk 1 W

Continue through mount uniacke to lakelands
Continue past Christopher Hartt road on left
Continue past Cameron Lake Lane on left
You will see lake on the left
Start slowing down
Look for civic sign 7775 on right, the driveway is directly across from the sign.

From the Valley:

Follow NS-101 E to Nova Scotia Trunk 1 E in Saint Croix. Take exit 4 from NS-101 E

Follow Nova Scotia Trunk 1 E

You will continue past the communication towers (left)
Continue through Ardoise
Continue past Buster Davis Road on Right
Start slowing down
Look for civic sign 7775 on leftt, the driveway is directly across from the sign.

What’s the ride route looking like? Is a mountain bike neccessary?

1 Like

Great question. I would suggest a mountain bike, yes. The route is going to be mostly dirt road, with limited asphalt, and I have found a cool little section that is ATV trail. Hence, some ruts, but a really neat stream crossing. It is dependent on how much rain actually falls today of course.

I found a bunch of logging roads in various condition around the area.

There is also two kayaks available if someone wants to take a paddle around the lake, and a short hiking trail I can show folks.

Would folks be interested in a ride on Sunday? I’m thinking Irishman’s with maybe a post ride visit to Schoolhouse brewery?
We can play this by ear, depending on Saturday night.

1 Like

Giddy’up!

9 Likes

9 Likes

Have a good one! :beers:

Cottage party was…lit!

12 Likes

13 Likes

13 Likes

Great party.
Love the pyrotechnic maniacal superhero shots.

7 Likes

9 Likes