Nova Scotia Bike Park Info (Dirt Jumps/BMX/4-Cross/Mountain Bike Skills)

https://www.trailforks.com/skillpark/port-hawkesbury-pump-track/

New skills park going in Berwick too, thanks to Trailflow

6 Likes

Hmmm zooming out a bit on that trailforks map I see there are several kms of trail near the pump track. Might have to check that out too next time I’m going through.

2 Likes

Growing up there, there were a ton of trails in that area - primarily walking/hiking, but a lot would be rideable.
I thought they had all overgrown by now. I might have to bring my MTB next time I visit dad and do some exploring.

I’d be up for an exploratory ride through new trails. :slight_smile:

1 Like

There is indeed a tonne of trail around the area where the Asphalt Pump Track is. There’s also Tennis Courts, Ball Fields, Splash Pads, Climbing Zones and some beautiful community gardens. Tying this all together with a well exposed pump track was a goal. As the town moves in to Spring, the park is supposed to get sod/grass and some parking improvements.

1 Like

This one was donated to the RC Community. When meeting there on site with the councillor originally, we warned her that this was in the middle of a flood plane. Being an election year, it was a forced project. As a big of an experiment, we used sod to form the core of the table tops, and dirt to form in to jumps. It was a pretty fun little park until Hurricane Earl completely flooded the park weeks later in October - and it sat under water for the whole winter. Truly disappointing, but not all sites are good ones - and this was one of them.
When asked to go maintain the park, the original conversation with the councillor was shared, and we decided to help transition it to the RC Community.

Church Street in Waverley has a similar story except it’s still pretty fun on a bike - no flooding :slightly_smiling_face: - it’s for RC now, too.

Good idea to make use of the parks - turning them over to RC use.

The Church Street jumps are still OK, and not too big for learners. I wish there was a better roll-in though.

Didn’t have our bikes with us, but the Port Hawkesbury pump track looks pretty friggin sweet. Nice work @nimzie.

10 Likes

Thanks Derek! It’s really really fun on all kinds of wheeled things.

1 Like

Just found this convo and ya I’m in cb all summer and there is certainly a lack of MTB but you should talk to the guy who owns novasopia his name is Cory he does a lot of mtb and is trying to build mtb spots around cb. Right now I know of a couple jumps and places In cb to ride but you should try to contact him.

11 posts were split to a new topic: Brunello

Where exactly is this located? Bought a house and moving to the area soon

1 Like

Orchard St and Spartan Ave… Don’t know the status maybe @Pepperjester will chime in.

3 Likes

Yep, It’s off of Orchard St, and yes you can go ride :slight_smile:

The first round of features in place and open. The immediate next round of building (starting tomorrow!) will involve starting on a gravel trail around the park. This will give more options for the users and gives riders access to future skills areas.

P/S Don’t worry - gravel trails don’t need to be flat, they can get rollers too!

I’ll snap a few more photos - maybe even some video of the set up tomorrow.

6 Likes

more shots from the Berwick Park…

6 Likes

Is it time to add the Berwick park to the master list at the top? What’s the official name of the park?

1 Like

Based on the link click counters it looks like your list is being well used.

1 Like

it’s not on google maps or trailforks yet but the person on the trailflow instagram page said he’s working to get it on asap