Summer bike trip - July 30th - Aug 4th - PEI, NB, NS

I’m planning on going on a week long camping/biking trip at the end of July. I have a good plan of where I want to ride, but days and times will be quite fluid and subject to change. The plan is to start in PEI, then head to NB, making a clockwise loop up and around, then heading back to NS. If anyone would be able to make any of these rides, feel free to join!

Day 1: I will be starting on July 30th, riding at Brookvale in the morning (tentatively 11am). Later in the day, I plan to ride Bonshaw.
When: July 30th, 11am

• See you at Brookvale
  • See you at Bonshaw
  • Maybe, I`ll let you know
  • Wish I could, maybe next time

0 voters

Day 2: Tentatively Brookvale again in the morning, then heading to Hillsborough/White Rock in NB. After Hillsborough, I will be heading to Fundy. Aside from playing around on the pumptrack at Fundy, I imagine that will be it for the day.
When: July 31st, time TBD

• See you at Brookvale
  • See you at Hillsborough/White Rock
  • See you at Fundy

0 voters

Day 3: Fundy, single track and pumptrack. After riding Fundy that day, I will be heading to Saint John and Rockwood park. I plan to get a bit of riding in that evening, but will also be visiting some people I know, so subject to change.
When: Aug 1st, 9am

• See you at Fundy
  • See you at Rockwood Park

0 voters

Day 4: Rockwood Park. Ride in the morning for a good chunk of the day. Late afternoon/early evening heading for Fredericton.
When: Aug 2nd, 9am

• See you at Rockwood Park
  • See you in Fredericton

0 voters

Day 5: MVP in Fredericton, followed by Minto.
When: Aug 3rd, 9am

• See you at MVP
  • See you at Minto

0 voters

Day 6: Rotary Park in Moncton, followed by Wentworth/Hostel Trails.
When: Aug 4th, time TBD

• See you at Rotary Park
  • See you at Wentworth/Hostel Trails

0 voters

This is not an official ECMTB ride.

3 Likes

How do I give this more than one like?

1 Like

That sounds fun, I’m not sure my legs would hold on for that many rides in a row!

1 Like

That very well may be the issue for me as well. Going to try and go easy while still having fun so I can check out all of these great trails.

2 Likes

Sounds like a great trip. I am working the Canada Cup the weekend of August 4th-5th. If you need any guides, let me know, I should be able to reach out and contact some folks for you.

1 Like

make it this weekend ill go brookvale+bonshaw, minto+mvp and sugarloaf. next trip is vermont, quebec and moab in mind.

It certainly wouldn’t hurt to have a guide at a few of those places assuming people will be free. I’ll send you a message later on.

No can do. I leave for the other side of the Atlantic on Saturday for two weeks.

I might actually be able to meet up with you on the 30th at Brookvale. I’ll definitely be in PEI the weekend of the 28th/29th. I plan to use some vacation days to extend it a bit. Either tacking on Thursday+Friday, Friday+Monday, or Monday+Tuesday. I was going to wait until it gets closer and make a decision based on the weather. I’ll let you know.

1 Like

Planning a similar thing, but mostly NB and NS, and later in August, like Aug 11-17ish. Wish I could join you!

@Jetter, I’m in PEI 20th to 27th and then Fundy 27th, 28th and 29th.

(27th and 29th will be travel days)

Looks like we do not intersect. :frowning_face:

Just a few days off unfortunately. You’ll have to let me know what you thought of Fundy.

They’ll all be ridden to death and wrecked by time I’m done… sorry.

2 Likes

Less than a week away! Hoping the weather is good and the humidity/temps drop!

2 Likes

@Mattcasey303 and I also plan on hitting fundy and Minto over the long weekend.

I ended up taking Thursday/Friday off. Just got back home from PEI today. The dirt should be running mint tomorrow after the light rain they got this morning. Enjoy your trip!

1 Like

Sorry dude We were there Friday Brookvale was hot and lots of fun double black line extension has lots of climb and blue line is pure joy!

Bonshaw is a long trail yet very easy to access has lots of trees and shreddy trails on each side of msin trail. locals suggest starting at the back of park.

Did both on the same day.

1 Like