The Range

description

Skill Level: Beginner / Intermediate / Advanced

Trail Head::Rifle Range Ln

Trail Forks: The Range

Note, this post is flagged for wiki edits. Anyone can edit this page. Someone, please make this a valuable resource.

Anyone riding The Range on a regular basis? Looks like it could be my new home trail.

Not too often since someone made some ‘modifications’ to the Hog’s Back. Used to ride there fairly regularly, and it looks like work is still being done on the lower section.

Its turned into a bit of a dirt bike play area, most of the MTB trails have been destroyed.
I used to ride it a lot, as I live nearby, but its a shit show now, massive ruts everywhere.

well that’s discouraging

On the up side, Evil Birch is not far away…

I haven’t been up there in a while. It really needs to dry out well before it’s much fun.

Last time I was up there someone built an unnecessary elevated skinny on a nice straight section of trail without an alternate line around it, so not sure about the folks building trail there lately.

Not much singletrack in the Bedford-Sackville area that I know of. First Lake and Second Lake are pretty good crusher dust runs, but not singletrack. There are two sections of singletrack off the Second Lake Trail near the Trail head… one to the left, and one to the right. Rough and rocky, and best when trails have dried out well.

There used to be some old school singletrack by Sandy Lake and Jack’s Lake that you could connect up to the Range trails, but I haven’t been on those trails in a long time either.

Someone is working on a trail they’re calling “Project X” behind Cobequid Health Center (see “Project X” trail on Trailforks). Looks like it may be more of a downhill skill-park-type trail, but I haven’t ridden it.