1st Mountain Bike Committee Meeting of 2010

Ah! Minutes will be available soon. We basically just got the ball rolling. Two vacant committee positions are Provincial Chief Commissaire and DH Rep… the Chief Commie is actually a big one, VERY big. Not big in the sense of commitment, but big in the sense of importance. I’ll be drawing up a sort of job description later today.

Hello Nova Scotia mountain bikers!

I’ve borrowed an old e-mail list from last year’s Mountain Bike Committee correspondence. Please advise if you’d like to be removed.

As you may know Randy has completed his two year term as VP Mountain and has passed the buck to myself for the 2010 season. I’m looking forward to working with everyone!

I’ve booked a boardroom for Thursday February 4th at 6:30 p.m. at Sport NS on Spring Garden Rd. I’ll provide the exact details when they are settled. Anyone interested in mountain biking in any capacity is welcome and encouraged to attend, especially those interested in helping on the committee, hosting races and / or organizing clubs.

Though I expect it to change in the coming week as items are added**…

…our current agenda includes:**

1. Reading / Accepting of Committee meeting minutes from Nov. 8, 2009
  2. Acceptance of the / Additions to the Agenda
  3. Filling vacant committee positions*
  4. Discussion of viability of XC Rep committee position
  5. Discussion of viability Trail Advocacy committee position
  6. Review of Racing Class system employed last year
  7. Added Items

*Vacant positions are as follows:
Chief Commissaire
Secretary
Female Athlete Rep
DH Rep
Media / Results Coordinator

If you are unable to attend, but you are interested in a committee position, do let me know and I’ll make your intentions known.

I hope to see you next week!

Regards,

Andrew Lowery
BNS VP Mountain
bns.mtb@gmail.com

Reminder bump.

Post up as an Event and it will be a sticky on the front page!

Will do next time.

Updated Agenda:

1. Reading / Accepting of Committee meeting minutes from Nov. 8, 2009
  2. Acceptance of the / Additions to the Agenda
  3. Filling vacant committee positions
  4. Discussion of viability of XC Rep committee position
  5. Discussion of viability Trail Advocacy committee position
  6. Review of Racing Class system employed last year
  7. Marketing to DHers
  8. Marketing to Women
  9. Marketing to 13 - 18 y/o for CG 2013

Oops, you were right, Duane! I guess that solves the problem of whether or not we’re going to attend the meeting next Thursday. http://resource.pedaltrout.com/old_site_images/d59171236e6b0b96091eeda1f7b57ce3.gif

Hmmm?

Seems a couple of us dumbasses thought the meeting was next Thursday. Apparently we can’t read. :frowning: