2010 Sportwheels Weekly Mountain Bike Rides

This week will be more of a relaxed ride due to Gorefest last weekend.

Tonights’ride will allow us to stretch our legs and tell stories of the weekend.

See everyone at Sportwheels at 6:45!

The rides are still going amazingly well. There are anywheres from 15-20 riders coming out on a regular basis. We are mixing it up as far as which trails we’re riding, so it keeps it fresh for everyone.

We’ve all noticed that the hours of light are getting shorter. We will be carrying some lights with us from now on just in case we get caught off guard and have to ride back in the dark. If you happen to have a light it wouldn’t hurt to throw it in your bag.

With shorter daylight hours comes cooler temps, remember to dress accordingly.

A few of the regulars are looking for a bit more of a challenge so I’m going to start going on some rides Sunday morning. The location will change weekly so we can all work on different aspects of mountain biking. The options will include trails such as Whopper, Spider Lake, Bedford Gun Range and some day trips to the valley or other similar locations.

If you’re interested in going for a ride on Sunday am feel free to contact me via the rides on Tuesday evening, via email at mike@gorefest.ca or call me at the shop 865-9033 and ask for Mike!

I’m interested in Sunday morning rides.

Also I have a suggestion: Setup a twitter account for announcing where rides will be. Then people can just subscribe to that twitter feed and keep in the know. Mabye thats too “new age” for everyone tho :slight_smile:

This Sunday am 0900 Spider Lake Trailhead. If directions are needed please contact me at mike@gorefest.ca
or call me at 220-0848.

Twitter is not a bad idea. I’ll get around to setting up a twitter account some day!

WOo. I’m calling a baby sitter! :slight_smile:

Hmmm, Sunday morning, eh? Maybe I’ll consult with the other half and see if we can make the big drive into the city! :slight_smile:

See you there.

Great Ride Sunday Am!

Spider was in great shape! I’ll update on the location for next Sunday.

This Tuesday we are once again hitting the trail for the weekly beginner ride. We are losing light a little quicker now so I am going to aim for a departure from Sportwheels at 6:45. For those who have lights, it would be wise to bring them along.

See you this evening!

Make sure you bring lots n lots of water to the ride tonight. It’s a hot one!

Sunday morning ride (depending on what Earl leaves us with!)

0900 at Whopper trailhead, if anyone needs directions etc please email me, PM, or call me at 220-0848.

For those who have never been to Whopper it is a mixture of granite rock, man made bridges (nothing too serious). It is a more technical trail than spider lake or the other trails we have done in the past but still very rideable for most riders.

Bring water!

We are nearing the end of the official weekly Sportwheels Mountain Bike Rides. As we have in the past we are capping off our summer with the now 3rd Annual Beginner ride BBQ at my cottage on September 25th. I will sending out invites via email along with directions etc .

We are still going to ride year round of course but on an unofficial level whatever that may mean. In other words get a light, some winter riding gear, and maybe some studded tires if we get any real amount of weather. Lots of time to get all your gear in order though!

This Sunday morning I will be riding at the Bedford Gun Range. Meet at the parking lot for the ball fields by at the legion at 0900. If you happen to have some folding saws they may come in handy.

This Sunday morning I will be riding at the Bedford Gun Range. Meet at the parking lot for the ball fields by at the legion at 0900. If you happen to have some folding saws they may come in handy.

Call me at 220-0848, email me at mike@gorefest.ca with any questions!

I will be riding this Sunday morningat 0900. This week the ride will be at Bedford Gun Range. Meet at Bedford Place Mall at the end of the driveway closest to the ball fields (or Sackville).

Any questions call me (Mike@220-0848 or email at mike@gorefest.ca!

Sunday am ride. Road Trip!!!

meet at 1000am at Sportwheels. Either the Links or Wentworth XC. Both excellent rides, just a matter of which one I want to do more!

Bring water, some food, maybe even a lunch if you want. This will have a respectable climb involved so be ready to spin up a hill!

Contact me with any questions.

This coming Tuesday is the last official group ride for Tuesday evening. Yes, we do ride year round but we are having the BBQ at my cottage on Sept 25th to say a huge thank you to everyone and anyone who came out at any point in time!

I hope to see everyone this Tuesday and on the 25th! If you plan to attend the BBQ and need directions please contact me at mike@gorefest.ca
or on my cell at 220-0848