2012 Kona Coilair • Size M

Posting this here for the ECMTB folks before it gets sent to various other buy & sells!

This absolute trail slayer is ready to shred. Classic slightly overbuilt Kona frame, burly components including DH spec wheels, aggressive and fairly modern geometry, and weight on par with a lot of modern enduro sleds. The 66º head angle, long reach, and long wheelbase makes it feel modern for its age, and very stable at speed.

This is a bit of a quirky bike. It has a Magic Link which essentially is an auxiliary shock to give it more downhill travel. The idea is when you’re pedalling uphill, the forces from the pedals only engage the main shock for 130mm of travel. When you point it downhill, the whole travel opens up to a trail gobbling 200mm. Up front is a silky smooth 170mm Lyrik with high & low-speed compression and rebound. The low-speed compression helps make this beast pedal a lot better by providing a more stable platform than fully open.

Equipped with chunky Continental Trail King 2.4 front and rear. The front tire is like new and the rear is about 90% tread.

Fork and shock were professionally serviced by Granite Suspension last season, and have approximately 500km on them.

The drivetrain was upgraded from Sram 9 speed to Shimano Deore 10spd with a clutch. No more dropped chains!

Parts list:
• Chromag Fubars in Gold
• Avid Code R brakes
• Shimano Deore 10spd shifter
• Specialized Grips
• DMR Defy stem (look at those hidden lightning bolts)
• Hope Headset
• Rockshox Lyrik RC2DH 170mm fork
• RockShox Monarch RT3 Shock (open, trail, climb modes)
• Mavic DeeTraks wheels
• Continental Trail King 2.4 f/r
• Shimano Deore LX Cranks
• KS Eten Dropper
• Shimano Deore 10spd derailleur with clutch
• 11–42 tooth off-brand cassette (much better than the 11–36 originally on it, especially for places like Wentworth)
• Kona Saddle

I am not a mechanic by any means, but I did a few things to get this trail-ready:
• Drivetrain clean + lube with Squirt wax/dry lube—keeps your drivetrain squeaky clean
• Bled front + rear brakes
• Brand new linkage and bearings installed (bit pricey but the rear end is extra smooth now)

I don’t really want to get rid of this, but apartment living means I gotta clear space.

$̶1̶8̶0̶0̶
$1300

16 Likes

You should write for bicycle catalogues. Ha ha, hope you unload it.

4 Likes

Such a cool bike!

2 Likes