2019 Spring Trail Conditions

I think it was in the Keppoch Shuttles group.

1 Like

fight was in good condition, I love divide

7 Likes

Lake Loop still has a little snow but nothing serious. Usual wet spots are wet. Still fun.

3 Likes

Skull still has some light snow and a bit of ice. It’s not as wet as I thought it might be. I rode up from beside the highway so I don’t have a report on Spider but it is usually very soft in the wet. The little bit of the atv road I saw by The entrance to Skull was super muddy and wet and all torn up by atvs.

3 Likes

Went out for BLT Then Hike the bike fire road to power line whopper and check single tracks it was all soak and muddy. Showed friends how to drain wet spots and not to stump trails.

4 Likes

Wrandees was surprisingly dry yesterday. NW Arm Drive entrance. But never mind now.:frowning:

Swapping over to spring/summer/fall tires tonight but I feel like I should be putting on pontoons! Hopefully this crap weather doesn’t last too long and things can dry out. Can’t wait for Keppoch to be ready to go so I can get some more time on the big rig…

2 Likes

Mint conditions at bowater!

4 Likes

Nine Mile was pretty wet and muddy today. Not as much standing water as I expected though. Please don’t ride right now. Will take a while to dry out, especially with the wet weather we’re expecting this week.

2 Likes

Whopper is also extremely wet. Lots of running water and the ground is completely saturated. It’ll be quite a while until it dries out.

1 Like

This rain sucks lol

Is there an end in sight???

Rode basement attic with care. Granite tends to drain quick. #wettrails . #mrwa

2 Likes

Looks like some of the singletracks in Shubie might be covered in slash, saw it from the highway today. They have been mechanically clearing brush from the sides of the highway and have gone pretty far back enough to hit the trail in a couple of spots, so watch out for derailleur grabbers!

Crappy.

They did that to part of flipside last year.

It was covering some sections of the Secret Singletrack but I cleared it out. Only one spot to watch out for when you cross the brook. It is clear but very soft and steep

3 Likes

I don’t suppose The Gorge and P2 are ridable yet? A bit more sand there perhaps really good drainage. Here’s hoping!

1 Like

I’d be down for a valley trip this weekend if the riding conditions are good somewhere. Does Woodville drain well with all the hills? Gray Mountain?

1 Like

Alan Miner has been posting regularly on the Grey Mountain Geezers FB page. Condition are still pretty wet there. He’s been up raking trails and surveying tree falls, etc. Sounds like it might be another week or so of drying weather before it’s ready.

Bird Sanctuary usually dries out quickly, anyone down there this week?

5 Likes

SSS and rest of back loop is mint besides 1 deadfall tree and broken bridge.
Rest of mrwa has mud holes on usual spots.

2 Likes

Hillsborough still has some ice and snow. It’s mostly gone, but some here and there. If it’s not ice/snow, it’s mostly mud except for the newer more natural trails. Not rideable yet.