2020/21 Winter Trail Conditions

The health of the trails is my main concern, so I’m happy to stick to the granite til we get some colder weather and/or the dirt trails solidify again.

I’ve still got so much of McIntosh run to try / explore, so that works for me.

5 Likes

lots to explore and ride out there, have fun!

2 Likes

Anyone know what whopper is like right now? Would love to ride there tommorow.

1 Like

It’s in decent shape. Same usual holes are wet but not bad by any means. I rode just a few days ago. The only thing is you want to try and avoid it right after rain, I usually try to give it at least 12hrs to dry out.

5 Likes

Who’s ready for some hero dirt?

15 Likes

About friggin time

6 Likes

Bowater yesterday was fabulous. Definitely a shock to the system going back to a hard tail (especially down around the lake). Hero dirt supreme though.

4 Likes

Great snow for packing, if anyone’s thinking about snowshoeing some trails.

2 Likes

I packed in a loop on Knuckle Buster, Pipeline, and Jigsaw 5 today.

5 Likes

I just laid down about 16,000 snow shoe steps in Norawarren, West Pine. The snow is wet and perfect for packing.
Not ready for bikes yet, unless your a group of fat bikes.

8 Likes

A few of us did some fat biking mid storm yesterday and again today at Spider. Everything minus skull is good to go.

2 Likes

From the Bike Truro facebook page… the Railyard was groomed yesterday and with the cold temps overnight everything has setup nice and firm.

6 Likes

Can it be ridden with regular tires, do people think?

Depends how firm it is. Best to ask someone on the ground via their FB page.

Any non-fat recommended trails for this weekend?

Running 27.5 x 2.8 and looking to get out but don’t want to wreck anything.

1 Like

Bowater, but haven’t been there post snow.

1 Like

Thanks @Nige. West pine was really good this morning. There had been a couple bikes through before I went through and it’s quite firm now.

1 Like

Just got back from Whopper.

Flip side is pretty great and da minion is well packed. Power lines are horrid. There was some foot traffic into Susie Q. I think a few guys tried to ride Scotch with skinny tires and it doesn’t look good.

I made a first pass through Death March via the Susie Q entrance. Wasn’t much fun, but now it needs a few more fattys or some snow shoes.

3 Likes

Anything past the Macintosh run bridge hasn’t seen any traffic. It was passable and pretty fun on the fat bike but I’d say would be really tough going without the fat bike.

@streetgang and crew have got Spider in great shape. Thanks for bearing the storm and getting tracks down.

4 Likes