5th Annual Mahone Bay Fat Bike Festival

13862579-CA49-4D9D-8D52-01AB65345ECD

The 5th Annual Mahone Bay Fat Bike Festival, Sunday, February 16th celebrates the joy of fat biking. Try a fat bike with a guided demo ride, or if you have your own fat bike - join the guided group rides. The festival also features an obstacle course and by Trail flow Adventures, hot food and drinks provided by the Bicycle Lunchbox Cafe and beer from our own local Saltbox Brewery!
This is a FREE EVENT, Demo fleet includes women’s and kids models too.

SCHEDULE: OPEN AT 10AM
Demo rides available from 10am to 2pm.
Guided Group rides: 12pm-1:30 (For those with their own fat bikes, 2 groups - advanced and beginner/intermediate options)

Food available inside with goodies from The Bicycle Lunchbox: Lobster Rolls (while they last), Vegetarian Chili, cornbread, sweet treats, Coffee from North Mountain Coffee Roasters.
Sampling and purchases from Saltbox Brewing Company.

Our event partners include Saltbox Brewing Company, Trail Flow Adventures, Bicycle Lunchbox Cafe, Banks Bikes and Valley Stove and Cycle, Hub Cycle, Oakley Atlantic/Rocky Mountain and NEW this year - Bike Monkey and Cyclesmith!

Is anyone planning to attend the Fat Bike Festival in Mahone Bay?

• Yes, see you there!
  • No, wish I could.
  • Won’t be around because of work, I should quit my job and go ride bikes
  • Maybe, I’ll let you know.

0 voters

This is not an official ECMTB ride.

3 Likes

Yup, planning on being there :slight_smile:

1 Like

Updated the post, hope you don’t mind @supercraig

I really wanted to go but I think I’ll be away for work

2 Likes

Not at all.

Some updated info about the event^^

1 Like

Fat Bike Fest this weekend!

3 Likes

Where is it? Besides Mahone Bay, I can’t find an actual location

I will be there repping the shop. Excited about it. Always a great time!

1 Like

Usually can find information at Sweet Ride Cycling, with parking available on nearby Clairmont Street. Car-pooling with someone is a decent idea if you’re unsure where you’re going.

1 Like

It’s at the Mahone Bay Centre. Updating the original post with that info.

https://goo.gl/maps/QA89jSVWM95N7BLW7

1 Like

Thanks!

If I brought my three teenage kids, what are the odds there’d be enough demos for them to try? I have my own rig.

2 Likes

i think if they fit adult frame sizes you’ll be good although if they are all size small they might not all go out at once but they’ll get out.
If they need a 24” wheel/ kids fatbike that will be tougher, I think there was 1 kids fatty there last year, not sure on the availability this year.
Some great food/drink, music, lots of like-minded people and a venue full of fatbikes makes for good times.

1 Like

Yeah, my girls and wife can likely all ride mediums, but my son might need a smaller frame. Thanks for the intel TT.

NP. Drop Rose @ Sweet Ride a call if you need any deeper intel, she knows what’s up!

Sounds like a great time. Enjoy!

Up for today, There’s reroute At highway 103 going to mahone bay! Hopefully there’s a kids bike for my 8 yo daughter.

1 Like

7 Likes

8 Likes

Was amazed by lots of people this year and well organized but only 1 washroom avail in the area?

Kudos To organizers and volunteers.

1 Like