Across the Highland Challenge 2013

2013 marks the 10th anniversary of the Across the Highland Challenge. This is an excellent event that certainly challenges all riders with elevation that is not seen elsewhere in NS. The views are unparalelled as is the enthusiasm and welcoming attitude of the organizers and volunteers. This event is a must-attend at least once in your cycling experience.

This year the event is tentatively scheduled to take place in the beautiful community of Baddeck. We will update this forum with more info when it is available or goto:

http://velocapebreton.ca/?q=node/68

Everything is set for a memorable 10th Anniversary.
Date: July 13.
Headquarters at the Gaelic College.
Choice of 35k, 45k and 65km.
Further info and online registration velocapebreton.ca/?q=node/68

I attended in 2008 I believe and certainly hope to make it there this year if vacation and all that allows!

2008 in Creignish was the first of the NEW trails for the event. It was followed by Cheticamp in '09, St. Peters in '10, Whycocomagh in '11 and Belle-Côte last year. As you see, we’re trying to create a new course every year to break the “I-did-that-one” syndrome. Hope your schedule works this year.

It must have been 2009 then. Overall awesome event and I’d have to say one of the best organizing crews out there. Definitely hope to see you this year!

Just registered for 65k. Should be good fun.