Annual Corn Maze Ride - Tuesday November 1st

Annual Corn Maze Ride

Meet at the parking lot by the Wolfville Library (21 Elm St Wolfville):
Beginner

Ah, the best time of the year! Cooler temperatures, no bugs and we get to ride in a fricking corn maze!

We will meet at the parking lot in Wolfville located by the Wolfville library. It is basically town square for Wolfville. We will ride the rails to trails to the maze and scoot around for a few hours. After getting turned around in the maze we will make our way to Library Pub for some brews and to tell stories of close encounters with corn.

Bring lights, perhaps change of clothing…

We want to start the ride at 7:00 pm to allow us to fully enjoy the ride.

This ride is dependent on weather and condition of the maze.

We will be collecting a suggested $5.00 donation to go towards the corn maze owners for letting us ride in their maze. This is a suggestion amount.

DO NOT RIDE PRIOR TO THIS DATE AS WE ARE GRANTED SPECIAL PERMISSION AND IT IS OPEN FOR PUBLIC TOURS UNTIL HALLOWEEN.

Notes: requires lights, dress warmly

If you plan to attend, please indicate above that you are going and ensure your profile has the Member Name and Emergency Contact fields filled in.

It is every rider’s responsibility to know their own abilities, make smart decisions and ride safely. As a community ride we will ensure you are not left behind and as a group we know we are safer when we have others with us.

Please pay attention to the trail difficulty posted above.

3 Likes

Yay!

3 Likes

The years premiere mountain biking event!

5 Likes

Someone study the map so I can follow you!

8 Likes

The weather looks pretty perfect down the valley tomorrow!

3 Likes

Answers to FAQs:

What kind of bike is best?
I’ve tried a klunker, fatbike, and gravel bike and have found a mtb is best. The others work, but the sharp turns that come up fast on that are best navigated with a mountain bike. IMO.

Where do I park?
Please see googlemap link above. There are multiple parking lots in the general area that should suffice for our needs.

What should I expect?
There is a 3 km rail to trail ride to the corn maze. This will give your legs a chance to warm up and to cool down on the way back. Inside the maze you are on your own path. There will be sharp turns, dead ends, straightaways. You will be surprised how fun it is. There are ‘shortcuts’ and there may be close calls with other riders in the night so keep your head up and lights on.

3 Likes

Not to mention, be careful about sliding out on loose cobs. :slight_smile:

1 Like

A few showers in Kentville this morning. The forecast is for clear and mild weather tonight. May be muddy, but hopefully no showers.

Looks decent for a rip! Come on out!

1 Like

Muddy is perfect conditions for the Corn Maze Ride!

It is NOT raining in wolfville…

Thank you to everyone who came out. It was awesome! We had somewhere between 50 and 60 riders. Thank you for the donations which will be brought to Noggins when I am in the valley next.

3 Likes

Huge shoutout to Drew at the Library Pub in Wolfville.

1 Like