Atlantic Canada trail recommendations

Hi,
I will be driving through NB, NS and PEI on a family trip soon. It will be a relaxed paced trip so I am thinking of bringing my MTB along.

I am looking for trail network recommendations keeping the following in mind:

• my local trails are very rocky and technical so I am quite comfortable with that kind of trails along with steep rollers
  • enjoy both hand built and machine groomed trails
  • enjoy climbing
  • not good at jumping
  • comfortable with small 1-2 ft drops
  • will be riding solo so I am looking for well ridden trails, ideally with cellphone coverage. I am generally good at riding within my capability on solo rides, but I still don’t want to venture out into remote trails.

I would like to hit around 5-6 of the best networks on the trip.
So far my list has:

• McIntosh Run
  • The Railyard
  • MVP
  • Brookvale

Thanks a lot for your help

3 Likes

Welcome in advance to the area!

That’s a great list. I’d throw these into the mix to consider too.

• Minto (NB)
  • Madawaska (Edmundston, NB)
  • Keppoch (NS)

Minto and Edmundston might not be as much fun for the rest of your family (compared to Halifax or a beach in PEI, for example), but it depends on what they are interested in.

Cell coverage is a bit hit and miss in parts of Madawaska and Minto, in my experience, but it’s improving and probably depends on your mobile provider.

Keppoch has more gravity focus than the other systems, but it has great pedal trails too – and good climbing trails to access the DH stuff if that is your preference.

If you visit PEI, I would aim to fit in a ride at Bonshaw too.

5 Likes

Sounds like a good list you got going. Would also recommend keppoch if your looking for some rowdy fun :cowboy_hat_face:

Sounds like you are in for a fun trip.

Join our #epic_roadtrip contest and share your experiences!

1 Like

Don’t be shy about asking for some guidance there are a bunch of folks on here that would be eggar to show off there home trails

2 Likes

Thank you very much for the suggestions and tips @Lawrence @JOsh, I will aim to include your recommendations. @JeffV I checked out the #epic_roadtrip thread, sounds so much fun. I will definitely add my rides to it.
@darkmyth that’s a great suggestion. Once I know my exact schedule, I will post to see if someone can show me around :slight_smile:

Looking forward to a great trip!

5 Likes

If you want a tour guide at The Railyard hit me up! Seems I’m always giving a tour!

4 Likes