Best flowy single track

I moved here in the summer from out west. I’ve ridden fight trail and Lake Loop, both of which were great fun and I would consider them pretty technical. Is there any fun flowey single track around here too… What’s the best place for that, especially around HRM?
Cheers.

1 Like

I find the main comeau lake trail in nine mile river very fast and flowy. The loop on the back is more technical. Gore is great and they are always working on it , although you do have to pay to ride there now. Irishmans rd flows great, esp the work that trailflow has done there.

2 Likes

@RyanHutchinson nailed it…those are probably the 3 best for flow.

A little closer to Halifax, the clear cut section of Whopper can be fun. Also some flow on some sections of Spider Lake (six pack, humps, ribbon of love). Evil Birch has got some fun stuff too.

2 Likes

There are no “flow trails” in HRM. HRM is against sanctioning anything that isn’t a crusher dust sidewalk so everything is illegally built and it tends to be technical kind of stuff with small sections that are more manicured.

You will find very brief sections of flow in the city like @Rolls suggested, but @RyanHutchinson has the best suggestions. Wolfville is also all flow as well but pretty short.

I would confirm riding conditions with @MichaelB in Gore before going if you’re planning on going there anytime soon. I herad it wasn’t in the best condition, broken bridges and deadfall across the trails.

1 Like

The valley…great flow. Lots of trails. Woodville, the Gorge, Grey Mountain, Bird Sanctuary, and more.

Would be happy to show you around.

1 Like

Yeah for sure outside HRM there’s options. Valley for sure (though I wouldn’t call Grey Mtn flowy, it does have elevation which means sustained sections of no pedaling.) Victoria Park in Truro, and Keppoch near Antigonish.

1 Like

Have had a few great with @riderx in the valley. A few from HRM will head up sometimes if you’re interested in car pooling.

Hey thanks for all the info guys. I’d be up for a ride out of town on a weekend for sure - cheers for the offers.
Although there’s not a lot of flow close by, I reckon we’re pretty lucky to have some decent fun tracks within HR. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Geoff you’re always welcome on our Tuesday night group rides too. Different trail each week, all near Halifax. The locations are usually posted on Mondays.

3 Likes