Biking/Dog Running Event

This looks interesting for those with dogs.

http://bicycle.ns.ca/event/dogrunnin-dryland-challenge-bikejoring-race/

2 Likes

I know the fine folks at DogRunnin’ who organize these events. Fantastic folks, and well worth checking them out.

This is my event! Thanks for sharing. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

No prob. If you would ever like to join us on a ride dogs are always more than welcome!

2 Likes

I’d love to - and hope to soon! It’s easiest to bring them to rides that are not 100% single track. Hopefully the next time you hit up Mac park!

2 Likes

Will be looking forward to you finally joining us, Sarah. Can’t wait to meet the new dog!

1 Like

A note from the event organizers on our FB page…

Hey Friends who use the trails around Victoria Park in Truro Parks Recreation Culture;

On Saturday, dogs and their humans will be utilizing the upper section of Victoria Park for a dryland dog sledding race. Dogs and their humans will be utilizing trails off the William Barnhill Extension and the loop around the old dump.

While spectators are welcome at the DogRunnin Dryland Challenge in designated areas, teams will be pulling bikers, scooters and runners throughout the race course hitting speeds of 30-40km/hr. For the safety of all participants (human & canine) it is imperative that spectators and park users PLEASE STAY OFF THE RACE COURSE and PLEASE KEEP ALL PETS ON LEASH.

We thank you in advance for your cooperation!e…

3 Likes

If anyone wants to ride with their dog, registration remains open until Friday night!

4 Likes

By the way, it is really fun.

1 Like

And big thanks to everyone in Truro for sharing the trails with us and respecting the fact a race was happening. We saw lots of people out as we were tearing down & enjoying the pump track while we raced by.

3 Likes