Bowater on Trailforks

I mean, they’re the Administrator for the area, seems that would almost explain itself. Its an organization, business, like others that have structure and people in place to make decisions. I don’t see how this is any different, perhaps just your perspective needs to expand some.

I could then ask how would you do it differently? Not a challenge, genuine curiosity.

1 Like

How much of an “Area” does this Administrator manage within Trail Forks? I genuinely don’t know. Are we talking several systems? All of NS? Planet Earth?

Fair question!
What is a Regional Admin? | Trailforks

Thanks, so how many regional admins do we have in NS?
Once again, genuinely don’t know. Not a TF user.

1 Like

I don’t know where to find that information, however it appears that on Trailforks there are four regions; Halifax, Dartmouth, Truro, West Gore. I imagine a region is determined by the activity in a certain area by the looks of those titles.

Edit: There are 3 admins for Nova Scotia.

1 Like

On Trailforks there are seven sub-regions in the Nova Scotia region: Annapolis Valley, Cape Breton, Halifax, Lunenburg County, Northern Nova Scotia, Queens County, and South West Nova. The Admins for each of these regions can be found on the bottom left corner of the overview pages.

Each Sub-Region is further broken down into riding areas. The admins for these riding areas can be found on the bottom left corner of their respective overview pages.

6 Likes

So after reviewing some very basic facts with the links provided, very minimal experience with the App and a fair amount of situational awareness on roughly what is going on cycling wise in NS. Am I correct to come to the conclusion that 1 individual is the “overall” administrator for NS?

In your post you state 3, but overall there seems to be 1.
Would this 1 individual “delegate” rights to others?

1 Like

This is getting off topic (maybe this should be a separate thread) but I will clarify/justify since that seems to be where this is heading.

I am a Trailforks Admin for all of Nova Scotia and PEI since 2018. Yes I can give admin permissions to others and I have worked with many trail groups (mtb, hiking, xc ski…) and private land owners and government in the province either setting up admin permissions, adding or removing trails or helping with the technical aspects of the Trailforks system. I do not make all the decisions by myself. Whenever possible I attempt to contact and consult with individuals or trail groups in a given area who could provide insight. I reach out to Global admins for guidance and clarification when necessary, sometimes they reach out to me for the same.

I am a volunteer and not paid to do this job. I have been mountain biking in NS for 35 years and in the bicycle industry for a large chunk of that time (perused other interests in the middle for a while). I love mountain biking and the woods.

Trailforks is a user contributed database map and I saw that Nova Scotia had lots of trails that were not on the maps. I wrote a letter to Trailforks and applied to have this admin position because at the time there were none and I was waiting for global admins to approve my content. The global admins saw the contributions that I was adding to Trailforks and believed that I was committed to making the content on Trailforks as accurate and high quality as possible and gave me admin rights.

I try to make decisions that are rational and best for the trails themselves. The best interest of the trails is my primary concern. I contribute a large amount of time and content to the maps. I am #19 in contributions globally, #4 in Canada with only Trailforks employees above me. Topcontributors | Trailforks

I hope this clarifies the major questions. Feel free to ask away and I will try to answer as best as possible, but I don’t normally check in here that often. Be aware my stance on unsanctioned and illegally built trails is what it is and I feel I have clarified my rationale on the subject.

13 Likes

A seperate Trailforks discussion thread for passing on tips, tricks, and feedback would be great.