Canadian Championships - Mountain Bike Cross Country and Short Track July 20-23 2023

Hey folks,

Kentville will be host to the Canadian Championships in mtb cross country (XCO) and short track (XCC) in both 2023 and 2024. This summers races run from Thursday July 20 - Sunday July 23 2023.

Here is generally what is happening each day:
Thursday July 20: Canadian Championship Short Track (XCC)
Friday July 21: XCO Practice Day + Party Biking Challenge!
Saturday July 22: Canadian Championship Cross Country (XCO)
Sunday July 23: ​Provincial Challenge Cross Country & Team Relay Race

There will be categories for all ability levels! We even offer a one lap novice category for those who want to try it out, or just support the event by doing a single lap.

Friday night we will host the Party Biking Championships. This includes a skid off (skidding for distance and style), a track stand competition, and the most epic wheelie of all time (distance and style).

We will offer onsite camping again, so come on out, camp on site, and enjoy 4 days of racing and fun times on bikes. More details on camping coming later this Spring.

We’re hoping to see lots of attendance (both racing and spectating) from Nova Scotia as we host the best riders in the country.

I’ll share more details about the event once they are finalized.

www.kentvillecanadacup.ca

12 Likes

5 Likes

We’re looking for volunteers! With this being a 4 day event, we need a lot (and I mean a lot, a lot) of volunteers to make this event happen. There are morning, afternoon, or evening shifts available, with many different tasks to choose from such as course marshalling in the woods, or collecting timing chips at the finish line. Volunteers can sign up at: Volunteering

Please share with your families and friends. This won’t be an event to miss!

Photo Credit: @timber

4 Likes

I will be there for that Sunday as of now. Hopefully, I can arrange to be there for Saturday, but can’t commit right now.

Thanks! Sounds good!

Registration for the race is now open - spread the word :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’d like to announce on of our key partners for our 2023 event - Kazlaw!

In 2007 KazLaw was created to make a positive difference for injured victims searching for a personal injury lawyer in British Columbia. Our goal then—as it still is today—is to dedicate ourselves to the highest levels of service, integrity and excellence when advocating for injured individuals.
https://www.kazlaw.ca

Kazlaw logo@10x

8 Likes

As an FYI, “Kaz” is from Falmouth and raced/organized many events at Martock and Grey Mtn.

3 Likes

Volunteer trail work night at The Gorge this Friday June 27. Meet at The Gorge parking lot (end of Gladys Porter Dr.) for 6:00PM

I’ll have some tools on hand, but feel free to bring loppers, rakes and shovels.

Thanks in advance!

4 Likes

The Canadian Championships for XCO (cross country olympic format) and XCC (short track) are next weekend! Lots of great racing going on in Kentville and also some family friendly activities in the main event area.

Also, we could use more volunteers! Especially for Saturday and Sunday. If your available to help out let me know or fill out the volunteer form at: Volunteering

6 Likes

The Canadian MTB Championships starts this Thursday with Short Track! There is still time to register. Register online at 2023 Canadian XCO & XCC MTB Championships | Cycling Canada Cyclisme

4 Likes

Friday night is the Party Biking Challenge! Track Stands, Skid Offs, and the Most Epic Wheelie of all time! Come join the fun!

6 Likes

What a great weekend of racing! Here’s a couple of great videos from the Women’s Elite XCC and XCO. Enjoy!

2 Likes

Any results for the Sunday events?

Here is the link to Sundays XCO results: | Zone4.ca

Here is a link to find any of the weekends results: 2023 CANADIAN XCO/XCC MTB CHAMPIONSHIPS Presented by Kazlaw | Zone4.ca

2 Likes