Cape Split Ride

What’s Cape Split like for riding these days? I’m thinking about posting up a ride for this Sunday morning.

Based on hiking it a few weeks ago, it should be very rideable. There will likely be a few wet and muddy sections on the first kilometer or two.

It seems like a very busy trail, so I’m not sure if a Sunday is a good idea unless it’s quite early in the morning.

This time of year the trail is used a lot on the weekends. You can ride it if you like, but you are going to be slowed considerably by walkers all over the trail. Sunday morning/afternoon is always busy.
The best time to ride the split is about 2 hours before dark. No one will be hiking up there to return in the dark, so you hardly see anyone and you can let it fly on the flowy trail. You can easily do a ride in 90 minutes including a rest at the top to enjoy the view. It’s a 16km ride total.
Early morning would work too, but you would need to hit the trail super early to avoid the early morning hikers.

Right, good point. I’ll have to come up with a plan B.

I’ve ridden mostly in the evening. Makes for an awesome ride if it’s coordinated with a full moon.

I’d like to ride in, camp, and ride out in the AM, sometime…

Yesyesyesyesyesyes. Ride in before dark, enjoy the sunset, camp out with a small tent and good food. Rip out at dawn.

That would be awesome!

I did that hiking, but biking would be even better!