Cars at DaMinion trail head

Excuse my Abe Simpson “I don’t like the look of those teenagers…” moment, Anyone notice how often there’s someone sitting in a car at the daminion trailhead? Seems there’s almost always one or two Honda civics idling at that little side parking area(where people love dumping garbage). I assume there probably some low level drug dealing going on, but also waiting to get my car broken into one of these days…

Yeah there was a carload of kids at the end of the road last night too. Just sitting in the dark. They probably shit a brick when they saw all our lights rolling up on them.

RCMP encourage folks to call the non-emergency number to report that type of stuff. If they have a car in the area they’ll swing by and move them along.

3 Likes

I isually park at the BLT lot and ride up cause there’s more traffic there.

3 Likes

I used to do the same. Sadly I just don’t ride that area any more. Even since the construction started I’ve lost a lot of interest to ride in that area =[

1 Like

That’s crazy. Still some of the best riding in NS.

4 Likes

Perhaps I am just getting old. But the alore of the old school tech riding no longer calls to me. The club ride was the first time I had riden there in years. There is a lot of great riding in the province now but my list does not include whopper any longer.

2 Likes

This is why I normally ride Flipside and skip the rest. If I’m ambitious I’ll tackle Suzy Q, but otherwise just do Flipside and return on the power lines road which is very underrated fun in my opinion.

This is why I prefer to ride at Gore, P2/Bird, pr Hillsborough.

2 Likes

To each his own, for sure, but I still love me some slow speed tech. I don’t honestly think Whopper even qualifies compared to Bowater. That doesn’t mean you can’t find flow there at points either. I still love it.

1 Like

And it’s so close for many of us. I love how I can mix it up depending on my energy level or the amount of time I have. Even go for a swim.
As for the parking, I tend to be there more around lunch than the evening and there are quite often people parked there then. I usually park a little further down, in front of Eastern Foods.

1 Like

yes. I used to go there a lot when I lived on the peninsula because it was so close.