Cottage Party 2022 - Saturday October 22nd

Cottage Party 2022

Google Maps

Notes: If you require a bed or place for a tent or sleeping bag, please let me know. It will be arranged.

The Cottage party is set to go!

There will be fireworks, food, a pre party ride and a bonfire of course. We have a few potential changes in store for this year which will be announced when more logistics are worked out.

We will be riding Irishman’s road starting at 2:00 pm and then we will head back to my cottage.

All are welcome to both, just the ride or just the party. Typically it is a bit of a pot luck so please feel free to bring your favourite sharable.

Dress appropriately. This is a little later than normal, and even though the fire gets warm an extra layer could be welcome.

Pets and Partners are welcome.

Please RSVP so we have an idea for hotdogs and hamburgers or TBD option…

BYOB (there will be some water and pop available)

If you plan to attend, please indicate above that you are going and ensure your profile has the Member Name and Emergency Contact fields filled in.

It is every rider’s responsibility to know their own abilities, make smart decisions and ride safely. As a community ride we will ensure you are not left behind and as a group we know we are safer when we have others with us.

Please pay attention to the trail difficulty posted above.

4 Likes

The forecast looks good, and the fireworks have been purchased.

Remember this is a potluck style thing so bring your favourite dish, or a bag of chips or whatever you wish. We will have some food from the BBQ or the oven ready as well.

Bring a chair for around the bon fire, and maybe a light jacket.

It’s gonna be a time!

2 Likes

Hope to pop in for some camp fire action!

3 Likes

I’m making pizza’s so, don’t be afraid to arrive hungry. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

5 Likes

Pretty accurate.

1 Like

3 Likes

Coming with a friend for campfire beers :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Like to send out a HUGE Thank You! to @riderx for the great hospitality along with his partner Catherine. As well as all the pre party planning and organizing.

Great turn out for both the ride and cottage party.

Big thank you to @JeffV for packing up his pizza oven and serving up some delicious fire grilled pies.

Great year of riding all. :muscle::facepunch:

Cheers :beers:

8 Likes

I second James’ sentiments.

This is always such a great event. With the large turnout, the ride was exceptionally fun. Like Sarah said, “Mike knows how to lead a ride!”

The party provided an opportunity to spend some time with classic favorite pals (:wink: you all know who you are) and meet new and interesting people, plus partners, a delightful daughter and adorable pups.

When not mingling, there was ample time to gaze into the blaze and simply enjoy the comfort of a community.

This year the expectations were raised regarding the menu. Perhaps “supper” can be a strava segment. That outta bring out the competition…!

Lovely to see you all.

8 Likes

Thank you @riderx and everyone involved!

3 Likes