Crown Jewel

Awesome work to those involved… fairly well camouflaged as I accidently wandered onto it while bushwacking the area. Rock work was nice to see as it’s more permanent but the wooden drop is epic!

6 Likes

Cool!

Is this in Nova Scotia by any chance?

Yes, it’s in the Grant Rd Trails area.

1 Like

Thank you

This is a fairly sensitive area and not a sanctioned trail system. These structures could be taken down if it’s promoted publicly.

The builders of Crown Jewel did put many hours of work in. I would probably leave it to their discretion to put images of their work on a public form.

I would suggest some hours of volunteer shovel and rock work before jumping on your bikes. No dig no ride so to speak.

And to please be discrete. Don’t show up in groups. It could all get shut down the neighbours/neighborhood.

Thanks for listening to my 2 cents.

3 Likes

Captain-dmk, thanx for your cares and concerns for the trails in the Cob. The area is partly crown and partly watershed and yes, there are considerations when building the area for public use. I will not claim to be the original trail blazer as I was preceded by a retired Air Force lieutenant walking the trails he blazed and mapped over a decade or more. I was fortunate to sit and talk with him and obtain copies of his maps. Many more hiking trails that have not been revealed by myself that venture up into the watershed…
When I built the bridge over Bennery brook, I was contacted by DNR about it and they gave their unofficial blessing about what I was doing because of the quality of what was being put in place. It is encouraging and ,frankly necessary, to see others contributing to the building and maintenance of any structures. The recent berm, armouring and structure replacement work will win the day, imo and experience.
As for the pics and such, there are numerous pics, videos and Trailforks info online to expose this wonderful trail system. I would love to find out and talk to the guys that did the work on Crown Jewel… very impressed by their rockwork! If they are on the forum, please reach out.
Cheers
Ken

4 Likes