Cush core questions

Just wanted to provide some feedback after putting about 25 hours on a Vittoria airliner.

Only running it in the rear, with a 2.3 Agressor EXO.
Between 19-25.5 psi dependant on where I am riding.

Ill start off with the Cons because their isnt many. Its for sure annoying to have to cut and measure something you pay more than a tire for, but thats life

I have had to remove and re cut twice now, and after 25 hrs, cut off about 2 inches due to growth. (was not aware this was a thing)

One thing I did change to allow a tight fit, was a larger width zip tie to mitigate the more narrow ones cutting through the foam.

So if you dont mind tinkering and are good with tubeless tire removal and install this isnt much of an issue.

On the bright side, the traction it helps provide is next level. Anything off camber is where it shines.

Ive also noticed less side wall tire wear which seems to be a major issue with the maxxis aggressors. So thats a huge plus.

I also find it feels less rough and janky in anything square edge, that being said I did find it bogged me down a bit at first in smaller holes but i ramped up my rear rebound and took 2 psi out of my rear to mitigate.

All in all, I wouldnt ride without one now. They are a game changer.

Cheers

9 Likes

All good points.
I’ve noticed too that they make tubeless tire set up a breeze. The liner holds the tire in place so well during install that Ive been able to inflate and seat thr tires with a basic floor pump.

4 Likes

where did you get your airliners? locally or online?

Locally.
Any bike shop that carries Vittoria (Cyclesmith, Long Alley, Sportwheels, Bike and Bean, Banks, Hub, Bike Monkey come to mind within an hour’s drive) should have, or can order, them.

2 Likes