Death March

Rode it on Saturday for the first time in awhile. It is very overgrown in parts, to the point where it can be hard to identify the trail. But I must say that if we are going to continue to ride Whopper this trail is already established and just needs some TLC to give us another excellent option for another trail to ride. This one will test all your bike handling skills and pedal power. If you haven’t checked it out in a while you should go there and ride it. The more traffic the better.

2 Likes

Nice, was thinking of hitting it up this week on one of my days off.

Considering it doesn’t see much traffic anymore, Death March is still in really good shape. I rode it yesterday and it was a lot of fun. Like @muddy said it wouldn’t take much to clean it up, just the odd overgrown bush here and there that needs to be trimmed back.

I planned on doing some work in there this spring/ summer before I blew my shoulder out. I think it is definitely worth trimming out as it would add another option to the Whopper network that is far enough back to escape the developers. It also was a sweet loop when it was ridden regularly.

I am all for cleaning it up and now that my shoulder is healed, I would be more than happy to help out…

1 Like

Haven’t ridden that in forever. Definitely interested in helping clean it up.

1 Like

I’d be up for some trail work too.

This is one of my favorites. It makes my reverb well worth the impulse buy. I’ve ridden it many times this summer and twice went into the woods after hammering my pedal off rocks that I couldn’t see. I walked through with my chainsaw this spring and only had to remove two trees. What it really needs is a going over with a brush saw in sections. Anyone out there have one? I’m more than willing to put in the time to clear it.

Wayners and I are planning on heading in to Death March over the next week and half or so to give it some much needed TLC. I have access to a bush saw, so we are going to go in and trim back the sections that are grown in so it is clear to ride again.

Anyone willing to help out feel free to come along as more hands make light work. I will post on here the days and times we are planning on going in. Wayners has ridden it and he said it should take too long to tidy things up…

When cleaned up, it will give us another loop to ride that shouldn’t be affected by the new development in Bayers Lake…

2 Likes