ECMTB Group Snowshoe - Tue Dec 5th

Given the amount of snow that just fell, this week will be a snowshoe party instead of a ride. We’ll start at Norawarren and likely hit up Boulderama/Gutterball/West Pine.

Everyone welcome…the more traffic the trails get the sooner they’ll be rideable!

Where: Meet at the Norawarren trail head
Difficulty: Novice

Notes: requires lights and snowshoes

If you plan to attend, please indicate above that you are going and ensure your profile has the Member Name and Emergency Contact fields filled in.

It is every rider’s responsibility to know their own abilities, make smart decisions and ride safely. As a community ride we will ensure you are not left behind and as a group we know we are safer when we have others with us.

Please pay attention to the trail difficulty posted above.

2 Likes

I have an extra set of snowshoes I can bring if anyone else wants to join.

I’ll be five minutes late

So how did the trail packing go? Ready for fatbikes? Ready for Plus tires? Ready for standard tires?

Snow was too dry to pack down. Very loose and crunchy.

Maybe it improved a lot today, but last night it would have been a slog for any size tire.

I was out today on the Fatty and the snowshoe work was great!

I did west pine out to the bridge. A bit loose and boot bombed up to the connector trail between the new green trail and west pine but still good (not snowshoed ). Well packed trail on west pine after the new connector trail all the way to the bridge

Also did the green trails on the way back and it was good. Some of the more open sections were a bit soft but still quite rideable. There was also a trail bike out and they weren’t damaging the trail. He said he was running 15PSI.

1 Like