ECMTB Weekly Group Ride Aug 17

A little something different this week…. we’ll meet at Brunello and check out their new trails. If time and daylight permit we’ll take the rail trail over to Whopper for a rip on Flipside, and then back to Brunello for patio beers.

Where: Brunello - park in the lower parking lot at the very end of Brunello Blvd.

Difficulty: Intermediate

Notes: BNS members ride at Brunello for free, otherwise there is a $5 access fee payable at the clubhouse when you arrive.

If you plan to attend, please indicate above that you are going and ensure your profile has the Member Name and Emergency Contact fields filled in.

It is every rider’s responsibility to know their own abilities, make smart decisions and ride safely. As a community ride we will ensure you are not left behind and as a group we know we are safer when we have others with us.

Please pay attention to the trail difficulty posted above.

1 Like

PSA: Brunello was identified as a potential covid exposure site last week. If you were there on Aug 12 between 4:15pm-6pm, NS Health recommends you get tested and self isolate while awaiting results.

I was in touch with Brunello today. They continue to take the necessary precautions to keep their customers safe, and we are still good to go for this Tuesday.

8 Likes

regrets, can’t make it. How do you access the BLT trails from Brunello?

1 Like

Gotta hit the streets.

1 Like

Do you get back onto Timberlea village parkway and duke it out with the cars? Is there a backway past the dock on nine mile trail to get onto Longard drive?

@Drgonzo I’ve not seen it but yes apparently there is a path from the dock to Longard and Riverview Dr.

The shortest route though is from the Moon Duck/Foggy Pheasant intersection, just jump on the golf cart path which goes directly over to Devonshire Dr.

1 Like

Cool, will have check it out sometime

Hey Rolls,
Just checking on the statement above “BNS members ride at Brunello for free” Is this just for ECMTB rides or for any ride there?
Thanks
J

Any ride.

Not sure how we prove it if ever challenged though. I didn’t get a card or anything. Just an email.

1 Like

Is it stated on their site somewhere or on BNS site?
Not sure if Rolls told me will fly haha

You should have. I’ve received a card from BNS the last two years in the mail.

1 Like

Hmm…

Nothing on the Brunello website, but here’s a screenshot from the BNS membership application. I also have an email from Nathanial Bowlby - BNS Registrar, confirming the same.

1 Like

Perfect - you are always a weath of information. Sorry I missed the ride the other night as I haven’t been out there yet.

2 Likes