ECMTB Weekly Group Ride - Dec 1 - CANCELLED

Given the rising number of covid cases and resulting tighter restrictions in Halifax, we are postponing the weekly Tuesday night group rides until further notice.

15 Likes

Bummer, I’m going to miss you guys and gals.

3 Likes

Best to air on the side of caution. The city has to get the idea of staying at home for a couple weeks in grasp… what’s worse 14 days home or hooked up to a ventilator

So with restaurants open again in the HRM. Are we gonna be getting back to our weekly ritual?

2 Likes

6 Likes

Lol

1 Like

My vote for group ride come back?

1 Like

Yeah I know. The leaders are pretty quiet. Bump bump!

1 Like

The rules are not clear enough in the government provided guidelines.

We did not feel 100% confident that we would not expose ourselves to risk of a fine.

It is a constant discussion.

3 Likes

If hockey teams are allowed to practice?

3 Likes

Here’s the restrictions and guidance:
https://novascotia.ca/coronavirus/restrictions-and-guidance/#gatherings

We are not a sports organization that is practicing.

1 Like

Hockey and other organized teams applied for, and were granted, a special exemption from the current restrictions. It’s not clear that we would fall under that same exemption. So as always, better safe than sorry.

3 Likes

Or rides can be organized outside of the HRM. From my understanding the rules are different outside of the city? So do the restrictions still apply?

:joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

Lol

3 Likes

We also see running groups out and active but don’t really see where they would fit into the rules either.

Also from this, what is our allowed group size?

We are socially distanced and outside so you would think we are good to go compared to other groups/organizations.

2 Likes

" Businesses and organizations are not permitted to host in-person events and activities (indoors or outdoors), including:

• arts and culture events
  • sports events (recreational, amateur and professional)"

I interpret to mean that organizations aren’t allowed to have open invitation events (i.e. invite guests), although within an organization or association one could organize something like a work day if the members adhere to the gathering restrictions.

1 Like