ECMTB Weekly Group Ride - June 23rd

Aaaand we’re back!!

Now that the province has further eased the restrictions on group sizes and the distancing required within smaller groups, it’s a great time to get our weekly group rides back on track.

Let’s kick off the summer season with a ride at the always excellent Empire Trails (aka Gore).

Note you must purchase a $9 day pass to ride these trails. You can purchase your pass before you arrive via their online shop.

Where: Empire Trails
When: Tuesday, June 23 @ 7pm
Difficulty: Intermediate trails, moderate pace

Notes: bring bug spray, purchase trail pass

• Yes, see you there!
  • No, wish I could.
  • Maybe, I’ll let you know.

0 voters

If you plan to attend, please indicate above that you are going and ensure your profile has the Member Name and Emergency Contact fields filled in.

It is every rider’s responsibility to know their own abilities, make smart decisions and ride safely. As a community ride we will ensure you are not left behind and as a group we know we are safer when we have others with us.

Please pay attention to the trail difficulty posted above.

6 Likes

The folks at Bicycle Nova Scotia have put together this summary of the current provincial regulations, that we will be following on this ride.

2 Likes

I’m guessing there is a whole bunch of people who are excited to get back to group rides and want to join… Would we be riding in a big group that has to distance ourselves, or split into smaller groups (<10) and not have to distance?

We’ll make that call when we get there and see what the head count is.

But obviously if we choose non-distanced groups of 10 and anyone is not comfortable with that, they can simply keep their own distance from the group.

3 Likes

Wont be able to make this one guys :cry: next one for sure! Have a good time!!!

I may not make it.

I think the wife will be working so may not be able to make it. Was looking forward to Empire and had bike apart while she was doing exams last week and it’s running great!

Wish I could, freehub body gave out on me this weekend so I’ll be tinkering the next few nights :rofl:

Awesome turnout tonight…I think we had 21 riders. And always great to see some new faces!

5 Likes

Yeah! Good one.

2 Likes

What a great evening! It was so nice to see some familiar “old” faces and so many friendly new ones. Thank you to everyone who rode with me for your patience and moral support!

2 Likes

Awesome ride. Thanks to those that knew where they were going for leading the way and thanks to @riderx for helping me out with my tire pressure. Made a huge difference for my ride.

1 Like