ECMTB Weekly Group Ride - Mar 16/21

We’ll be hitting the singletrack at Bowater this week. Added bonus… this will be the first ride of the year that starts while it’s still daylight (don’t forget your lights!).

Where: Meet here on Hiking Trail Rd. Note you can no longer access the trail head via Hwy 103. The only access is via St. Margarets Bay Rd just past the Bike & Bean, turn right on Bowater Mersey Rd.

Difficulty: Intermediate

Notes: Studs required, lights required.

If you plan to attend, please indicate above that you are going and ensure your profile has the Member Name and Emergency Contact fields filled in.

It is every rider’s responsibility to know their own abilities, make smart decisions and ride safely. As a community ride we will ensure you are not left behind and as a group we know we are safer when we have others with us.

Please pay attention to the trail difficulty posted above.

4 Likes

If I had studded tires…

I’ll be working so won’t make it but just had a thought saw the Ingram River Wilderness Area’s Instagram posting a bunch of photos in their story and messaged them to see if they were interested in mtb photos and they said they were. I know a few of you guys are pretty good photographers and likely already have some great photos from riding those trails and maybe could take some more tonight that they could make use of. Would be good to make mtbing part of the narrative for that area as it becomes protected in the future!
For those of you that have some good photos of MTBing on the trails there or if some are taken tonight maybe pass them along to the group.

3 Likes

I’m not going to be able to make it. I’m still nursing a hip injury.