ECMTB Weekly Group Ride - Tue Mar 15

Tuesday looks like it will be snow/ice free, so we’ll get our granite fix at McIntosh Run this week. The extra hour of daylight will be nice, but we’ll still need lights to finish out the ride.

Where: McIntosh Run - meet at the Alabaster cul de sac
Difficulty: Intermediate with some advanced features

Notes: Lights required

If you plan to attend, please indicate above that you are going and ensure your profile has the Member Name and Emergency Contact fields filled in.

It is every rider’s responsibility to know their own abilities, make smart decisions and ride safely. As a community ride we will ensure you are not left behind and as a group we know we are safer when we have others with us.

Please pay attention to the trail difficulty posted above.

I am going to try to make this ride. I am scheduled until 7pm, however will contact someone if I can make it and when I am leaving work etc.

No worries. We’ll be sticking to the front granite loops, so we can just loop back to the cul de sac whenever you get there.

Have a fun out there. The tubeless gods are frowning on me this eve and I’m throwing in the shop towel on making it to the ride. Had a bit of a marathon getting the rear tire to seat with an insert, and the front rim tape is leakier than the Edmund Fitzgerald.

4 Likes

I just did an insert as well. It was a bi-ch getting the tire back on but rode it today. All good and I feel little better in the granite now.

I was in the same boat with my rear wheel but luckily I won the battle eventually. Rubbing sealant on the bead seemed to do the trick to finally get it to seal up again.

1 Like

Pretty sure the old rim tape is the issue. I tried sealant on the bead, but it made no difference.

1 Like

Maybe that new tire I’m holding for you would work better?

1 Like

Haha, you’ve got a point there. I haven’t been on the trail bike since I tweaked my back so I totally forgot! I’ll drop you a DM to setup a time to grab it.

1 Like