ECMTB Weekly Ride - 10 Jan 2017

Winter often doesn’t leave many options. Let’s see what fun can be had at Shubie.

Where: Shubie Park, Dartmouth Crossing Entrance
When: 7pm
Difficulty: Easy with some icy patches.

Notes: Requires lights, dress warmly

• Going, see you there!
  • Wish I could, maybe next time.
  • Maybe, I’ll let you know.

0 voters

If you plan to attend, please indicate that you are going above and ensure your profile has the Member Name and emergency contact filled in.

It is every rider’s responsibility to know their own abilities, make smart decisions and ride safely. As a community ride we will ensure you are not left behind and as a group we know we are safer when we have others with us.

Please pay attention to the trail difficulty posted above.

I will hopefully be testing out new studded tires, assuming Canada Post cooperates today. :sunglasses:

1 Like

You won’t need studs in Shubie on Tuesday night, there won’t be any ice. Next week will be another story.

2 Likes

Well that’s good to hear, I’m also waiting for Canada Post to bring me some new studded tires, but I know if I’ll be able to find somewhere to bed them in. In time for the ride tomorrow

1 Like

My studs should be here today fingers crossed then I’ll be spending a good part of my night putting in all 440 :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Whether studs are needed or not, I’m still hoping to test them out! :smile: Like a kid with a new toy!

1 Like

I’m with @IanM_MTB. I’ve been waiting since after Christmas for mine to get in, and I want to try them out as soon as I can. Not to mention the fact that my Ardents suck out loud in Shubie, especially the hills, when it’s covered in snow

1 Like

@Someguywithbikes which tire did you get?

I went with the Schwalbe Ice Spiker Pro with the wire bead, 2.25 inches

2 Likes

Sweet. That’s what I have, they’re amazing.

I’ve heard nothing but good things about them. Do you have any idea whether they run wider or narrower than other 2.25s? I’ve got plenty of frame clearance with my 2.25 Ardents, but they’re a fraction of an inch from buzzing my front derailleur when I’m in my granny gear.

No idea. I’ll try to get a measurement for you tonight.

Thanks, but my tires just arrived! They fit with just enough clearance.

3 Likes

Happy times!

I may not make this one. :frowning:

Should be good for fat and non-fat, it’s a little softer with the warmer temp today, but it’s hard packed by foot traffic most places now and should be great tonite. A tiny bit of ice is forming on some plowed sections but nothing that requires studs.

Arriving late with a couple friends. Don’t wait, we’ll probably meet up with you on the trails.

Great ride and another great turnout!

4 Likes

Sorry I missed it. :pensive: