ECMTB Weekly Ride - 18 Jun 2019

Still got to check with the wifey. If so what time shall I meet you?

Id be going by there between 530 and 540 as i have to make one stop near shubanacadie on the way up through to get some hay if kijiji responds

@Rolls will you have any stickers with you, i need to get a couple more.

2 Likes

Yes I will bring them.

2 Likes

Thanks for the offer Travis. Unfortunately iā€™ll miss another ride. Forgot my little guy has his first night of soccer. Hopefully next week. Thanks again.

3 Likes

Iā€™m keen to go up if I donā€™t have to drive by myself. Anyone around North End / Fairview interested in carpooling?

EDIT: Now have room for 2 people, leaving Fairview area around 5:30pm.

2 Likes

Awesome Ride! Thanks All. Good to meet some new folks who like bikes as much as I do!

3 Likes

Well that was fun. Thanks for the ride everyone, and special thanks to Mike, Bruce, and Jeff for the encouragement and helpful coaching tips! Only one tree hug and a few moss tumbles, and I was able to stand up from bed this morning :smile: Beautiful evening to be on the trails. Success.

6 Likes

Awesome, thanks for coming out!

1 Like

It was nice to meet you and all the others.

Glad you had a great ride.

1 Like

Thereā€™s a Ladies skills session planned for next week in the park: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=2080318188763009&id=100003545443438

Thanks all for the great ride!

4 Likes

BBQ Bruce! Helpful guy, he also makes an excellent trail side medic! Glad everyone enjoyed the park!

2 Likes

Thank you! Will definitely check this out.

1 Like

Thanks for a great time folks. First time to Victoria Park and out for a group ride. Special thanks to the fellas who split with us to take an easier route. Really appreciate it!

7 Likes

Glad you enjoyed it, @Yinx!

With a group of 21 people, a split is always good. I often jump on the chill group myself.

Those Truro folks like to hammer. Up in Halifax, I find we donā€™t often get an open stretch to hammer on. Weā€™ll take 'em on some granite tech and get our revenge, Iā€™m sure. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Itā€™s funny, Iā€™ve seen a group of 20 split into 4 fast, 16 chill and vis a versa.

I guess it depends on the group and how people are feeling that day.

2 Likes

Thank you again sir! Youā€™ll be amused to know Iā€™m still walking like John Wayne. Huurting! Loved every minute though.

Talking of trails, can you suggest any around Halifax, Bedford you feel might be to my level? I plan to get out quite a bit over the next while to try and gain some endurance.

3 Likes

We don;t have anything near as flowy as Vic park. However,

9 Mile River (when it is dry).
Norawarren and West Pine are good.
Irishmans Rd. has a lot of fun.

These can all be found on trail forks.

Shubie park crusher dust is good for churning out kms and has the occasional single track in there.

5 Likes

McDonald Sports Park is good for grinding out some gravel doubletrack that isnā€™t too technical, and has some fun (though limited) singletrack too.

4 Likes