Flat pedal help

The key to any flat pedal is ether it is flat, or concave. I think another thing to consider for trails like we have here… fight trail etc,are full with potential rock strikes, and stuck pins are a pain. So pins that load from the back are ideal. Other then that it’s hard to go wrong now days!

1 Like

I love pastic pedals, they just slide off rock strikes like nothing, Chesters have easy to replace pins, and they really aren’t very thick, sure there are thinner but I haven’t really noticed thickness as an issue. I’ve got 4000km on one pair with no issues at all, bearings have no play and have never had to replace a pin. The added bonus to plastic is in the winter I find they do not freeze up with ice and snow like metal pedals do sometimes.

If I was ever going to buy a metal pedal again it would likely be a Chromag, but I would get their plastic Synth pedals before any others.

2 Likes

I was very happy with my synths, had some minor issues at first with pins coming loose and needing to tighten them after every ride but after 4 or 5 times they got bedded in nicely. Chromag sells the synths piece by piece as well for super easy and cheap maintenance down the road, can buy the bodies, axles, pins whatever you need to replace