FS: Rockhox Recon 29 RL 130mm Travel- Black Stanchions SOLD

7.5 Inch Steerer, Will have fresh lower service before sale.

Off Norco Fluid 3, replacing it with something beefier. Fork works well, and would make a good upgrade from most suntour entry level coil or air forks. Few minor cosmetic blemishes, does not impact performance, rub from bike rack on lower stickers.

Will be available next Mid next week. Pickup in Truro. Asking 225.

1 Like

29er or 27.5?

1 Like

I may be interested, I just can’t commit right now. I put a deposit on a Rocky Mountain Growler which is supposed to be here at the end of the month but given the supply issues with bikes right now I fear that may change.
The other thing, is I have not bought a new bike in 12 years and things have changed a bit since then. I can see the specs on the Rocky Mountain site and the Suntour site of the stock fork, I just don’t know if this fork would fit. The Head Tube Length is 4.7 inches so I assume the steerer would be fine lenghtwise, I just don’t know about the width (is width standard?) or anything about boost or spacing. Do you know the specs or the year/model of the fork so that I could look up the specs?

1 Like

Its a 2020 RockShox Recon RL 130/140 mm travel (can be adjusted via removal of a spacer). Boost Spacing means 15x110 mm, which most if not all new bikes come with, older bikes came with 15x100 front spacing. Its a tapered fork so it should again fit most modern bike shop MTBS, I don’t think many come with 11/8 straight steerers anymore. What Growler model? I can take a peak for ya! What suntour fork is the rocky coming with? It might not really need an upgrade if its a decent Suntour.

Not trying to dissuade just want you to have the best possible MTB experience! I still have the fork, I think on friend wants to see if it fits his Hardtail, but if it doesn’y and you want it later on I’m sure we can work something out!

1 Like

Wow thanks for the info. I figured it’d be fine, but I thought I’d better get as much information as I can.
The bike I’m getting is the Growler 20 and it comes with a Suntour XCM34 DS.
Originally I was thinking of upgrading the fork at the time of purchase and having the shop put on the upgraded fork when they built the bike. Then I changed my mind and I thought I’d give the stock fork a go and see how it feels and maybe upgrade later if I felt I wanted something more. When I saw this thread I started thinking again that maybe I should upgrade right away, I have heard mixed reviews of Suntour forks.
If your friend takes it that’s awesome, glad it found a good home. If not, when I get the bike we can talk.

1 Like

Sounds good. Ill be honest with you I’m going to guess that the XCM 34 Will be stiffer, as it has 34 mm stanchions vs the Recon with 32, As for trail feel I cant speak to it as I have never been on the XCM Air forks. The coils leave a lot to be desired though. I would say the forks are in the same ballpark of price and performance, maybe Rockshox being a touch better.

Certainly give the Suntours a bit of ride time and if you hate them and these are kicking Id be more than happy to even install them for you and show you how, (if you dont know that is, me assuming things over here)

1 Like

What made me think I should do this, is after my FS trail bike died this past summer I built up an old hardtail and the only fork that I had that would fit was a 2007 RockShox Tura 100mm coil fork. I found that fork was very stiff and feel I have more responsiveness and control than I had with the Marzocchi Bomber on my old trail bike.
I love my Hard Rock so much I considered not even buying a new bike!

1 Like

I don’t blame you, I have a 2015 Rootdown I bought used and I think I’ll have it until the frame dies or I do!!!

The XCM 130 Air will def be a lot better than that fork, and the new bike will be great! Congratulations! Let me know if you ever want a Vic Park tour!

1 Like

I call first dibs when you die.

2 Likes

Deal, I’ll put it in the will since my two very tall brothers have no interest in bikes, even if I legit offered to give one the rootdown if he got into it!

1 Like

Photos added.