Full suspension for young rippers! Custom Kona Stinky 2-4 13" $800

Looking for a bike for your young rider? Here’s a cool steed that I built up for my son about 8 or 9 years ago who passed it on to his sister who has now outgrown the bike and really didn’t ride it much. Depending on your child’s size this is appropriate for 7-11 year olds and can tackle everything from the rails to trails, to Nine Mile to Keppoch. Following my son down the trails at Keppoch was a fantastic experience and he had a blast on it.

Frame up build with no original parts other than the frame and one wheelset. Everything else was replaced with better, more appropriately sized and and lighter components from Raceface, Easton, SRAM, Ritchey, GT, Fox, Shimano, X-Fusion, etc. and brought the weight from a hefty 38lbs with the original parts down to a much more manageable 28lbs. Includes two wheelsets- one for light trail/around the neighborhood and one for rougher trails and DH.

• 2006 Kona Stinky 2-4 frame (100mm of travel front and rear)
  • Fox Float 32 RLC fork (rebound, lockout, lockout threshold and low speed compression damping) with recent (less than 10 hours riding since) service
  • X-Fusion 02RC rear shock (rebound and low speed compression/lockout) with less than 10 hours
  • Clarks EXO Skeletal hydraulic brakes
  • Easton Haven handlebar
  • Easton Haven stem
  • Ritchey headset
  • Kona grips
  • Raceface Diabolus seatpost
  • WTB ProGel seat
  • SRAM Attack trigger shifter
  • Shimano XT M785 rear derailleur
  • Raceface 28t front ring/SRAM 11-32 cassette
  • GT crankset (130mm!) with brand new external bottom bracket
  • Trail wheelset with Velocity rims, QR Novatec hubs and Maxxis Snyper EXO 24x2.2 tires
    (very little wear and set up tubeless)
  • DH wheelset with Sun Ditch Witch rims, Shimano rear hub and unbranded (I think it’s a Formaula front hub, Maxxis Minion DHF EXO 3C MaxxTerra 24x2.4 tires (very little wear and set up tubeless)

Bike is in overall good shape with the expected wear here and there but neither of my kids rode it very hard. Can also be run as a mullet bike with a 26" wheel (not included) on the front which improves rollover, raises the BB slightly and slackens the head angle.

This is a ton of “real” kids bike for just $800. Kona Wah Wah pedals included but not pictured. Any questions, please ask!

7 Likes

Added the Stinky 2-4 geometry chart from the 2006 catalog.

1 Like