Fun Ride for a great cause in St.John's - Myeloma Canada

Hey everyone, I’m hosting a cycling event on June 11th starting at Quidi Vidi Brewery at 12pm - it’s part of a National Ride campaign for Myeloma Canada - myeloma is a blood cancer found in the bone marrow - there’s no cure. My dad, a Newfoundlander, passed away from myeloma last year. The event is a recreational event and consists of two different routes, a long one and a short one. 80km and 40km.

We’re looking for A LOT more registrations and we also need volunteer support - not sure how active this group is but I’m hoping this resonates with some of you… the ride is a lot of fun… here’s a clip from the Halifax Ride that happened last weekend: J E N N on Instagram: "✨ All the feels reel ✨ A lot of high fives, dancing, biking and money raised today thanks to @justinmoorerunning and his determination to take something tragic and make something magic. Justin’s father passed away a couple of years ago after his battle with a blood cancer called Myeloma. Have you heard of it? It’s not melanoma but often gets confused with that. Justin coordinated an amazing group of volunteers, stunning location and locked in some pretty incredible sponsors, and brought together a wonderful community of caring individuals ready to fight for more awareness and more treatments for this disease. I personally want to thank @madewithlocal for donating your healthy and delicious bars and @thepublicserviceband @tallandpoppy for you fun tunes, and @hopeforwildlife for your amazing location today as well! @wiacompany your sound system did wonders and @mandymorganfitness danced and emceed her tail off! Congratulations to all of the riders that took on that gusty Salt Marsh wind and completed your 40km ride on the Dartmouth side! What. A. Day."

The Ride website is www.myelomaride.ca - all info should be there :slight_smile: Hope to see you out there.

5 Likes